Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 no Firmware Update - Arlo Pro4 VMC4041P - 1.080.18.3_32_bf8e460 - 26th September 2022

Discussion stats
  • 45 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Trusti
Guide
Guide

Hello.

My 4 Pro 4 cameras have the Firmware:
1,080.17.4_67_c0d98f1
The hardware I see is: VMC4041PAerH4 .

I am not seeing any new firmware updates.

The new Firmware is Arlo Pro4 VMC4041P - 1.080.18.3_32_bf8e460 - 26th September 2022

I removed one of my 4 Cameras completely and added new as a test.
Also there is no new Firmware shown to me. Also not as a manual update.

Does anyone know why no updates are coming for the 4 cameras?

Greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@StephenB So, are you saying that it's not just IP detection whether you're in the US or EU of an internet connection, but also where the account was set up?

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hey @Trusti

This statement is true, we are waiting for approval from Verisure for these updates to be available to EU customers. I will update the thread as soon as I hear more. 

Thank you 

45 REPLIES 45
Davidkolb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have the AVD2001Aer1.2 with firmware 1.2.0.0_624_718aea3_c998ba4.

Show this device update to firmware 1.4.1.0_683_562d1ba_c341942

David

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try reinserting the battery to see if that causes the update or wait overnight. Occasionally removing it from your account and re-onboarding is the fastest method.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for letting me know @Trusti

I have informed my team so they can take a look in to this issue for you. 

Have you tried restarting the cameras from the web portal or Arlo secure app as well? Please make sure you have the latest version 3.7.1

Thanks 

Trusti
Guide
Guide

Hello.

Yes restart over Web and App. More then once.

I have the latest App Version 3.7.1_28485 / Android.

And also removed completely one Camera and re-added.

Batterys are full recharged.

Davidkolb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I tried a number of options to update the firmware.  Unfortunately they did not work.

Remove / replace batter.

Restart device in Arlo app.

Factory reset and reinstall.

Left overnight.

Does the Firmware 1.4.1.0_683_562d1ba_c341942 apply to model AVD2001Aer1.2?

or could I have a faulty device?

Thank You in Advance David. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Davidkolb wrote:

Does the Firmware 1.4.1.0_683_562d1ba_c341942 apply to model AVD2001Aer1.2?

Yes.  

If you have a subscription, you could reach out to Arlo support.

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

I'm having the same issue the camera says even after a factory reset the firmware is up to date on version  1,080.17.4_67_c0d98f1 its been factory reset removed from my account, added again but it just says firmware up to date, no idea what's happening here.

Trusti
Guide
Guide
I removed the battery several times for minutes.
Completely removed and re-added the camera.
The battery is fully charged.
The latest Android app is installed.
No updates are displayed on the web either.
None of the 4 cameras show available updates.

And now?
Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

I am in the same situation, removing the cameras resetting then, removing them from my devices all I get is no new firmware available, and that's it. Weirdly my last update was 30th August and what's changed is iOS 16 and a new iPhone but also it wont update on my iPad which is still iOS 15.7 so that cant be the cause and I tried setting it up as new on that with battery at 100%. tried the web and all I get is that my firmware is up to date and on the app 'no updates available' I feel this is less of a camera issue and more of a back end issue, is this going to be looked in to? I don't like running cameras with possible security vulnerabilities or patches for bugs, that have not been fixed and the Arlo network finds no new firmware for these cameras after the 30th August update. What's going on?

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

I have an Arlo pro 4 which has been updating fine without issue until the 30th of August when it received firmware update 1,080.17.4_67_c0d98f1 since then it will not update it says there is no update available for the camera I have taken it down well my carer has taken it down factory reset it twice now removed it from the account set it back up as new scans for firmware and just says something along the lines of no new firmware available, this also happens in the web app and I’m using the latest version 3.71 of the app for iOS 16 and iOS 15.7 and on both of those when you go to firmware update it says your firmware is up-to-date, not quite sure what’s happening but I would really appreciate some help on this one as there is no way to get the latest firmware update. Thanks in advance I’ve noticed a few other people seem to be having an issue so hopefully if enough of us mention it they might be able help. Literally I’ve gone through every process and it always comes back to there is no new firmware for it. Thanks in advance. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes firmware updates are rolled out slowly so not everyone gets them at the same time. However, I don't know if the latest Pro 4 firmware falls into that category. @JamesC , @ShayneS ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo sometimes rolls out updates slowly so not everyone gets them at once. No idea if that's happening here. @JamesC , @ShayneS ?

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

Ive missed out on two updates though it seems, I spoke to support yesterday and they are looking into it, as if the camera cant find updates when you factory reset it, so it may possibly be a back end issue but time will tell as it still could be a camera issue I guess.

Trusti
Guide
Guide

I had received the following info from the German community board (I'am from Germany - EU):

###########
The new firmware version 1.080.18.3_32_bf8e460 of the Arlo Pro 4 camera is not yet available in Europe. On September 26, 2022, this version was only launched in the US.

As soon as the update is available in Europe, I will let you know.

Many greetings

Justyna

Arlo Community Team
###########

That would be a whole new aspect now.
What is true now?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Trusti

This statement is true, we are waiting for approval from Verisure for these updates to be available to EU customers. I will update the thread as soon as I hear more. 

Thank you 

Arlo_Brando
Tutor
Tutor

Any news? I’m stuck at v. 1.092… and 1.070… for my H8 and H10 versions of my cameras since forever. 

Ps. Also, my VBM4000 is still on 1.19… and says no update available. But there is at least one 1.20… that should be generally available!

Arlo_Brando
Tutor
Tutor

Over one month. Nothing. See y’all in one more month, to conclude yet again that the Arlo team does nada. As usual. 

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi

It appears to me that those in Europe aren't getting the same firmware updates as those elsewhere. Since the last firmware update of my base station, there have been at least another four with bug fixes etc.

What tis the reason for this approach?

What criteria are used to determine what continent gets firmware updates?

Will those updates be eventually pushed out?

Thank you.

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy
still on firmware from August, so glad this camera is just a fill in as my PoE wired cams make these look like toys. <sigh> Yet these cost more than CCTV cams and a NVR doing constant recording, and have more bugs too Arlo/VeryUnsure just sit and do nothing.
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So, let me get this right: Arlo Europe became part of Verisure in Europe in 2020, but how come the detail about firmware upgrades hasn't been sorted out for at least 2 months now. I hope you have some specific reasons for this because I find this whole thing unbelievable and, frankly, ridiculous. The more I find out about Arlo and the way it works, the more I regret investing my hard earned money in this system (or rather three of at least two cameras each). This approach to your customer is unacceptable.

@ShayneSwould you please update on the progress and why it's taking so long to get firmware updates 'approved' for the system that Arlo designed and supports? Thank you!

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

At this point I'm still on 1,080.17.4_67_c0d98f1 in the UK. Can we have a board that shows what software is up to date in which area, I cannot believe I have not had a up date for this long and its 'normal'

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@ShayneS Hi Shane, you've not responded to my question yet. Would you please respond it to update us on the progress of the 'talks' with your counterparts in Europe on when firmware updates will finally become available. Four months, I presume, is enough to get a confirmation from your European partners to get that sorted out, no? Thank you!

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

I called support yesterday and was sent on this ridiculous "its you not us" routine and the person helping kept telling me he could see my firmware and it was on a version beginning 1.0.90. Now considering the Pro 4 has not had a release with 1.0.90 at the beginning at all I really wonder what he was looking at, certainly not my Pro 4 that's for sure, my camera has not had an update in getting on for 5 months now! What is going on? Lousy help and expensive cameras that don't get updates unless you are in a mysterious land but not the UK or maybe other places too because the updates dot give regions which would really help, as would what update should my Pro 4 be on, as its still on 1.080.17.4_67_c0d98f1 as of now!

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Firmware updates are now only restricted to the US, as Arlo was bought by Verisure in the UK/Europe. Hence @ShayneS  said they needed to be 'approved' by Verisure. However, it's unclear to me why it's taking 5 months to make that decision, hence my request for an update and to be sure that this issue is being looking into and finally resolved.  

Discussion stats
  • 45 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation