Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 mount post for exterior (screw mount) post should be included in purchase not separate.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I purchased a new  Arlo Pro 4 Smart camera, but it only comes with the magnetic base mount. 

The post screw mount or exterior applications was only purchased separately. 

This is wasteful, and only profit driven. To have to buy another box and another item vs. having it in the box with the magnet as part of the head option on the swivel screw base. 

A simple round magnetic ball that has a screw hole could be attached to the stick mount and hold the device soundly. Or you can screw it into the back, but to have to buy a secondary item when its already expensive, without the plans and additions would be proper for the device being a new item and should have some improvement in terms of packaging and an "all-in-one" solution not having to buy individual add-ons like placing more .25$ in a video machine. 

The package waste is doubled as well, we should get a free 6 months subscription add-on by returning the two boxes to Arlo via the USPS. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I purchased a new  Arlo Pro 4 Smart camera, but it only comes with the magnetic base mount. 

A simple round magnetic ball that has a screw hole could be attached to the stick mount and hold the device soundly.

I don't see how that would be better than the supplied magnetic mount (which can be used both indoor and outdoor). They are just different approaches to use a magnet to hold the camera.  Can you explain why you can't use the supplied mount?

@Retired_Member wrote:

The package waste is doubled as well

Not sure what you are comparing it too when you say it is "doubled".  But I do think Arlo could (and should) simplify their packaging.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

The magnetic mount can be knocked off, its solid, but also does not protrude out when mounting below an eave, or in a non-flat location. Screw mount is more stable and secure in winds, or with any birds attempting to land etc. 

We also have seen people attempt to knock off arlo's with a stick, so best to have a secure mount tight fastened etc. 

We had the Arlo Pro 4 packaging and than a separate box for the mount (seems it should be included in the box for the PRO 4 and remove the mount, just have the magnet connector as a ball with a screw in connector instead on two sides so it can mount to the camera and mount to the mount stick. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Screw mount is more stable and secure in winds, or with any birds attempting to land etc. 

I get that, I just don't see the benefit of having a screw mount with a magnetic ball.  That seems to have the disadvantages of both mount types.

I use both screw mounts and magnetic mounts.  Note you don't need to use arlo screw mounts - the threads are standard, so any standard mount will work.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation