Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 is not recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jaysil4
Follower
Follower

My cameras motion icon seems to stay on with no motion and it is not recording even tho it is armed. This is one of the 3 cameras I got in the 3 pack. It’s draining the battery. Even disarmed/not recording it still has the yellow icon lit up on app and draining battery. I’ve disarmed it . Shut it off. Restarted it. Re-synced it.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jaysil4 wrote:
My cameras motion icon seems to stay on with no motion and it is not recording even tho it is armed. This is one of the 3 cameras I got in the 3 pack. It’s draining the battery. Even disarmed/not recording it still has the yellow icon lit up on app and draining battery. I’ve disarmed it . Shut it off. Restarted it. Re-synced it.

Try swapping the camera with one of the other two, and see if the problem moves with the camera or stays with the location.

If it moves with the camera, then I suggest either exchanging the camera(s) with the seller, or contacting support.

TonyG850
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just installed 4 new Pro 4 outside of our home. One in the garage, one in driveway, another up front other side of driveway, and back patio.

The patio one was using battery like crazy. Only lasting a couple of days. Thought maybe a bad battery or camera. Had detection zones set up to avoid wind chimes.

I also have a water fountain nearby (off video range).

I’m thinking that even though the wind chimes are NOT in detection zones, the camera sensor is capturing the movement. Same with the audio (mic) and the water fountain sound, causing the mic to continuously process audio data.

So after charging battery, I turned off audio for camera thru app, unplugged water fountain, and took off the wind catcher from chimes. After 12 hours, battery is still showing 99%.

I believe that if you leave the mic turned on, it’s open all the time waiting for sound. When there’s sound, even if NOT used for notifications, it’s using up battery life. Perhaps the same with motion. It uses more battery when there’s motion anywhere within the sensor, even if not within the notification zone.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TonyG850 wrote:
 Had detection zones set up to avoid wind chimes.

That reduces recordings, but doesn't help battery life.

The Activity Zones are processed in the c loud.  Every time motion is detected, video is streamed to the cloud.  The cloud then analyzes the video, and if all the motion is outside the zone, then it suppresses the recording and notification.

So the processing in the camera is the same whether zones are configured or not. Therefore power drain also is the same.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation