Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 cameras offline after internet reset

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
karyndoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

We had a large snowstorm and our internet was knocked out for a bit. It's back up and restarted our modem today. Eero mesh came back online nicely. After a couple of minutes so did our Ring doorbell, Amazon Alexa Show, iRobot. However all 3 new Arlo Pro 4 cameras still say they are offline. I am out of town so cannot remove and readd the devices, take out batteries, etc.

Is there anything to do?

Or should I return these and get a different brand?

I only installed them about 1 month ago and went through updates, etc at that time.

Never had this issue with the previous cameras.

This is exactly the type of issue you should NOT have remotely in a security device.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@karyndoc wrote:

We had a large snowstorm and our internet was knocked out for a bit. It's back up and restarted our modem today. 

If your wifi went out, then the cameras likely ran down the battery and need to be recharged.

karyndoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. What a terrible feature for those who travel!

Appreciate you getting back to me.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@karyndoc wrote:

What a terrible feature for those who travel!

The cameras keep trying to reconnect, which will run down the batteries fairly quickly.  The other devices you mentioned are powered, so would not have that issue.

FWIW, connecting your router (and base if you use one) to a UPS can help for shorter outages.  Usually my internet is still working when the mains power fails.  Though obviously eventually the UPS battery will drain.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation