Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 camera face not fitting flush with the white case its housed in

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LNorman
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera face on one of my Arlo Pro 4 cameras does not fit flush with the white plastic case it's housed in. The top part of the camera face fits flush with the white case, but the bottom of the camera face sticks out about 1/16" from the white case. Is there any way to adjust this, or are there any issues this can cause.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem that you didn't hear the click when inserting the camera into the housing. Without the click, it's not locked into place and could fall out. I use both hands to hold the housing and then press both thumbs on the camera face (NOT on the lens!) to ensure the camera is fully seated. 

You may want to wipe a little silicone grease on the o-ring on the camera to ease insertion.

LNorman
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera goes into the white plastic cover just as easily as my other 5 cameras, and I pushed it in firmly on the top and bottom of the camera face, and it makes the distinctive "click" when it's locked into place (and it seems to be securely locked in). I removed the camera and put it in another camera's white plastic cover, but the same thing. Something about this camera is just slightly misaligned. Since the bottom of the camera has to align with the bottom of the white case for charging, I was mainly concerned about the charging connection, but so far there doesn't seem any problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You'd have to carefully measure to verify the electrical connection but it's easier just to test - either it works or it doesn't.

BTW, I'd suggest the issue is the case, not the camera, since you tried a different camera in the case and had the same thing happen. You could try the reverse, too, by putting the camera into a different case.

LNorman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually I did put the camera in 2 different cases, but just to double check, I took one complete camera where the camera and white case fit perfectly, and the other camera where the camera and white case don't fit perfectly, and switched the 2 cameras between the 2 white cases. One camera fits perfectly in both white cases, but one camera didn't fit flush in either white case, so it's the camera that doesn't fit.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hmph. If you're up to it, try swapping the o-rings. It's about all I can think of.

LNorman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I finally saw the o-ring you were talking about, and part of the o-ring was wedged back up in the housing of the camera around the base. I couldn't pull it out so I removed the 4 screws holding the face of the camera, and it turns out the 2 bottom plastic cylinders at the base of the camera face, that the 2 bottom screws go into to hold the camera face to the camera case, were broken off (which allowed the o-ring to get wedged between the camera face and the camera housing). Pulling out the wedged o-ring improved the camera fit to the white plastic case it fits in, but the camera face is only held together by 2 screws instead of 4. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation