Arlo Pro 4 - battery drain due to patch broadband

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlo-3000
Follower
Follower

Hi, I have Arlo Pro 4, no smart hub just connected to the wi fi. Our wi fi is not great ( not a lot we can do about broadband) and is patchy throughout the day. As a result the battery drain on the camera is terrible ( like about 10 days). I have changed the setting to only turn on at certain times and chose best battery life setting to reduce drain. It’s really inconvenient. Any suggestions?? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlo-3000 wrote:
Hi, I have Arlo Pro 4, no smart hub just connected to the wi fi. Our wi fi is not great ( not a lot we can do about broadband) and is patchy throughout the day. As a result the battery drain on the camera is terrible ( like about 10 days). I have changed the setting to only turn on at certain times and chose best battery life setting to reduce drain. It’s really inconvenient. Any suggestions?? Thanks

As far as the WiFi goes, have you done a test with the camera closer to the wifi (say 10-12 feet)?  One possibility is that the internet connection is dropping/restarting - a second is that it is simply that the WiFi doesn't quite reach the camera.

Assuming it is the internet, one practical option (though not free) is to get the XL battery upgrade kit, as it is much larger than the stock battery. Alternatively, if the camera is new (still with in the return window), you could maybe exchange it for the Pro 4 XL.  Either way, you won't be able to use the magnetic mount after the upgrade.

A solar panel might also help, though of course that depends on the camera location.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation