Arlo Pro 4 XL won't connect to Arlo App

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bhyland01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought an Arlo pro 4XL 3 camera pack with smarthub at Costo. This was to replace a 2017 smart hub and older cameras. I've been using Arlo for 6 years without incident, until now. The hub and cameras are not discoverable by the Arlo app on my Iphone XR nor 12. The blue single light on the smart hub shows I have a connection. I see the Arlo Wifi SSID advertised. The cameras flash blue and chime. However, when I go to connect with the app it will not find them. I have factory reset the hub. Started by connecting the ethernet cable first and power cycled everything. 

Arlo "support" is worthless. There is no number to call, Costco concierge sent me to arlo and the on line Arlo chat put me "in que" for 45 minutes with no updates. I'm two day and 6 hours into this now. 

If there is a not a simple solution to this, I'm taking these back to going buy a Ring package. 

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You could try a pc or laptop connected to the local router with Ethernet cable and use the browser to access the website login my.arlo.com to add the cameras via the hub.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

You could try a pc or laptop connected to the local router with Ethernet cable and use the browser to access the website login my.arlo.com to add the cameras via the hub.

@bhyland01 :  Just to clarify, add the smarthub to your account before adding the cameras.

bhyland01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the advice. How do I add the smarthub if my app won't recognize or connect to it?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bhyland01 wrote:

How do I add the smarthub if my app won't recognize or connect to it?

Try a PC (browse to my.arlo.com).

You might need to do a reset of the smarthub.

Also, if you use a modem and a separate router, make sure the smarthub is connected to the router.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation