Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 WiFi Woes. Unable to see all 6 cameras on 2 phones under the same Arlo account?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
datatrex
Follower
Follower

Totally lost.  Ordered 2 three packs of wireless Arlo Pro 4 cameras model VMC4350P for a total of 6 cameras - WiFi only, no hub.  Installed Arlo app, all good.  Added 3 cameras, all good.  Could not add camera 4, 5 or 6.  App would time out without detecting the second set of 3 cameras.  Connected to 2.4 ghz WiFi verified.  All 6 cameras are the exact same model.

We are a family of two so the app was shared to the second family member's phone as well.  For some reason the second set of 3 cameras were "discovered" by the invited family members phone using the app although they could not be found on the first phone that found the first 3 cameras.  

Only the first 3 cameras discovered are visible in ArloSecure on the first phone and the other 3 cameras that were discovered on the invited second phone are only visible on the second phone.  All cameras are under a 3 month "trial" even though we purchased the $14.99 monthly option right away allowing for more cameras.

Why can't we see all six cameras on both phones under the same ArloSecure account?  Why did the second invited family member "discover" the second set of 3 cameras whereas the original first phone app would not?

Contacting support is an absolute nightmare that just leads to continual dead ends.

What am I missing???

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@datatrex wrote:

Why can't we see all six cameras on both phones under the same ArloSecure account?  Why did the second invited family member "discover" the second set of 3 cameras whereas the original first phone app would not?

It sounds like you used the wrong procedure when you invited the family member - and they added the second set of cameras to their account (not yours).  The friend never adds cameras using the app - they automatically gain access to the cameras you shared.

You should remove the cameras from their account, and then try again to add them to yours.  After you are successful, you'll need to send a new invite to the friend account (so they can see all six cameras).

I suggest doing a factory reset on the second set of three cameras.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@datatrex wrote:

It sounds like you used the wrong procedure when you invited the family member - and they added the second set of cameras to their account (not yours).  The friend never adds cameras using the app - they automatically gain access to the cameras you shared.

You should remove the cameras from their account, and then try again to add them to yours.  After you are successful, you'll need to send a new invite to the friend account (so they can see all six cameras).

I suggest doing a factory reset on the second set of three cameras.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation