Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 - Timing out

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fordgt
Aspirant
Aspirant

So,

I have a MikroTik Router. On the router, I have a 10.0.0.0/24 network and a 172.0.0.0/26 network. The cameras show up on the 10 net, but I can not connect to them as they time out. However, when I put them on the 172 net they work normally. 

Here is the kicker, I have no rules set up on the ether network everything is the default. Also, all my other smart devices (Google Home, Smart Lights, etc..) work fine on the 10 net. This is very puzzling any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fordgt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank God! I have the solution. I spoke with MikroTik support and they told me to adjust the interfaces settings. Apparently, the 10 net was not a LAN interface on the router. Now while that doesn't explain how the other devices were working on the LAN at least the cameras are working and hopefully, this helps if anyone else has this issue in the future. 

The settings I changed were under Interfaces> Add New > List = LAN, Interface = VLAN XXX > OK

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I am thinking that your phones and PCs are also on 172.x.x.x - is that correct?

fordgt
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is a mix, some PCs are on the 172 and some are on the 10. I get the same results if I try and view the cameras from LTE on my phone. Either way, all other devices on the 10 net are functioning as normal as far as I can tell, minus the cameras. 

Thank you for your interest. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fordgt wrote:

It is a mix, some PCs are on the 172 and some are on the 10. I get the same results if I try and view the cameras from LTE on my phone. Either way, all other devices on the 10 net are functioning as normal as far as I can tell, minus the cameras. 

The cameras/app might be confused due to the two different subnets - not something I've tried.  Though I'd think they'd still work on LTE ok.

Obviously you could just keep the cameras on 10.0.0.x.  Not the best answer for you though.

fordgt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank God! I have the solution. I spoke with MikroTik support and they told me to adjust the interfaces settings. Apparently, the 10 net was not a LAN interface on the router. Now while that doesn't explain how the other devices were working on the LAN at least the cameras are working and hopefully, this helps if anyone else has this issue in the future. 

The settings I changed were under Interfaces> Add New > List = LAN, Interface = VLAN XXX > OK

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fordgt wrote:

Great!  

Thx for sharing the solution.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation