Arlo Pro 4/Saftety body-mount

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SquirrelsRule
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can cameras be repaired? Squirrel chewed on this one exposing the led light, and an electronic part just to the right of light. Amazingly the camera was still working.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SquirrelsRule wrote:

Can cameras be repaired? Squirrel chewed on this one exposing the led light, and an electronic part just to the right of light. Amazingly the camera was still working.

Sounds like the damage is just to the housing, and not the camera inside it.  

You can purchase a replacement housing: 

Note the XL models are larger, and need a different housing.  These only come with an additional battery (a bit annoying IMO).

I'm not sure if you have the Arlo Anti-theft Mount for your camera (not clear on what you mean by safety body-mount).  The Anti-theft mount has an integrated housing.  You can also purchase a replacement for that:

Of course you can purchase these from a variety of retailers/distributors.

SquirrelsRule
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you  Yes it's a Pro4/Safety body-mount. Unfortunately the camera is the most damaged. The body is still usable, the camera has the spotlight"s  LEDs exposed  and some internal electronic part exposed from the squirrel's chewing on the camera from the top. I think it was a squirrel as it was mounted on a large pine tree looking at the front of my house with a wi-fi connection.

My question is there someway to repair? The camera still works. But of course it never noticed that an animal was sitting on it chewing. I discovered when the batter needed changing.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SquirrelsRule wrote:

My question is there someway to repair? 

Arlo doesn't repair them, and I don't know of any third party service.  I guess it might be possible to fill the holes with epoxy, though of course you need to be careful to keep the LEDs and the spotlight shining.  There is clear epoxy, but I don't know if it is transparent to IR.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation