Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 Mystery #2: How do I reverse an unsuccessful activation and attach to a VMB4000 base stn

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ploughguy
Apprentice
Apprentice

We have had a pair of Arlo 4 Pros for six weeks.  They are providing a certain amount of pushback.

My bride configured them initially, but we could not work out how to access them.  We have an existing Arlo Pro 2 installation and we would like to hook then Pro 4s to the base station and handle them the same way as the Arlo Pro 2s.

She has washed her hands of the whole thing (“You bought them - you fix them!”) and handed it to me.  I am very tempted to take it all back to the shop for a refund, but my manly pride insists I have a go at fixing it first.

But I cannot work out how what to do.  The Arlo app on my phone can’t see them. I have put them both on the charger (the magnetic one) for a while, but there is no indication that they are charging or are fully charged (not yet, at least - and I couldn’t find anything in user manual that tells me how I can tell it is fully charged.)

We have a VMB4000 base station that came with the Arlo Pro 2 kit, and a paid Arlo account that will allow us to add the new cameras.

When I try to add a new device to Arlo Secure on my phone, I select the base station, it starts the scan but it’s radar display keeps scanning, and nothing shows up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Russ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One difference is that you will need a subscription to get cloud storage with the Pro 4s (unlike the Pro 2s, which came with 7 days of cloud storage).

@ploughguy wrote:

When I try to add a new device to Arlo Secure on my phone, I select the base station, it starts the scan but it’s radar display keeps scanning, and nothing shows up.

Try reseting the camera:

Then I suggest logging into my.arlo.com on a PC, and trying add device from there.  Did your wife onboard them to her account?  Or yours?

BTW, you can access the user manual for the Pro 4 cameras here:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One difference is that you will need a subscription to get cloud storage with the Pro 4s (unlike the Pro 2s, which came with 7 days of cloud storage).

@ploughguy wrote:

Try reseting the camera:

Then I suggest logging into my.arlo.com on a PC, and trying add device from there.  Did your wife onboard them to her account?  Or yours?

BTW, you can access the user manual for the Pro 4 cameras here:

ploughguy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Stephen,

Thank you for your help.  You sorted me right out.  I had searched for reset instructions but failed to find them myself.  All cameras are now registered with Arlo Secure, functioning perfectly and visible to both of us in the app.

You truly deserve the title of “guru”!

russ

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation