Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 (Multiple Cameras) - Inconsistent Crackling Sound When Viewing or Recording

Discussion stats
src720
Tutor
Tutor

Hello. I am frustrated by an frequent issue I am experiencing with my Arlo Pro 4 cameras. More often than not, there is a persistent crackling noise when viewing a live feed or a recording triggered from motion. At first I thought there was some interference with the cameras, but the issue is not consistent. Sometimes there is a crackle, sometimes not. I could play a live stream and it's fine, then stop and restart the stream and the noise is there. It is loud and covers any sound captured during a recording. I even received replacement cameras from Amazon, but the same issue occurs. Here is everything I tried:

1. Followed instructions from Arlo from a similar community post: removed/replaced batteries, restarted cameras, verified cameras have a strong connection to wi-fi, etc.
  2. I removed the cameras from the app and added them again
  3. Re positioned the cameras inside and outside
  4. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled (Android)
  5. Verified the latest version of the software is installed on my phone and the cameras also have the latest version of the firmware
  6. As mentioned above, I received replacement cameras from Amazon. Again I reinstalled the app and cameras

I tried everything above, but the noise persists. While I like the cameras, I cannot use them if there is aloud crackling sound over my recordings or live stream. I'll just have to return them if there is no resolution.

I can share a sample video, but am not sure how to do that here. Arlo support was friendly but not very helpful when I had an issue with my doorbell camera (Amazon replacement fixed the issue), so I am hoping someone from the community may be able to provide a solution. Thank you in advance.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

For those experiencing this behavior, if you feel your camera is defective or has a hardware issue that is causing these symptoms, I encourage you to reach out to support using the Arlo Secure mobile app under Settings > Support and open a ticket to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

107 REPLIES 107
roundball
Tutor
Tutor

Question for the "Brain Trust":

An annoying characteristic of the "new UI" is in the "Feed" section.

I can't find how to bulk delete multiple videos at the same time.

The only way I've found is to "swipe each one left to expose a 'Delete' push button...one-at-a-time...which is obviously annoying / time consuming.

Surely there has to be a way to bulk delete multiple videos in "Feed" ?

Thanks in advance if you can help me figure out what I'm overlooking.

roundball
Tutor
Tutor

Duplicate / Deleted

Cliffmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tap Feed on the bottom of the Home page then tap the circle with the three dots located at the upper far right. Then select Manage Events from the drop down window and select the specific feeds you wish to delete either individually or by and entire date and hit the trash bin icon. 

roundball
Tutor
Tutor

Not TOO embarrassed.....5 Gold Stars for you Cliffmc !!

Whenever I clicked 'events', I was always so drawn over to looking at the various photos / videos on the far right side, I never noticed the small circles that had popped up on the far left side of listed events.

🙄

Very much appreciate your reply explaining what I'd been missing.

Thank you !

Cliffmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

A smart man doesn’t know everything but knows and asks the wise people that do.

You’re very welcome. 😊 

lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Stephen,

I am still weighing the new UI. The few questions I have you might have some info on.

1) Geofencing

Does it work similar in the setting mode where you can select "Armed when away" and "Schedule when at home?

When you have 2 users register with geofencing does it accurately recognize/arm when the last one leaves and

disarm when the first one returns. I have used geofencing for about 6 years (once they got it stable) except for

a few hiccups.

2) Arlo Go 2

Have you heard anything in if/when they will be using it on the Arlo Go 2 cameras. I would assume that they 

would move it over at some point as it isn't really practical to make users have 2 accounts to support their

different models of cameras.

Also, have you heard of any other issues currently? Any additional information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Larry

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lwthomas1 wrote:

Stephen,

I am still weighing the new UI. The few questions I have you might have some info on.

1) Geofencing

Does it work similar in the setting mode where you can select "Armed when away" and "Schedule when at home?

It works in a similar way - using "Arrive" and "Leave" automations

People do struggle with it, but that is also true for the older "Library" interface.

@lwthomas1 wrote:

2) Arlo Go 2

Have you heard anything in if/when they will be using it on the Arlo Go 2 cameras. I would assume that they 

would move it over at some point as it isn't really practical to make users have 2 accounts to support their

different models of cameras.

They will need to fully support the Go 2 on "Feed", as it is a currently sold camera.  No idea when though (or what the holdup is).

@lwthomas1 wrote:

Also, have you heard of any other issues currently? Any additional information would be appreciated.

The big one is the lack of custom modes.  There are still issues they are fixing (the old Arlo lights aren't working correctly, which is one that affects me).

lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Stephen, So I decided to test the Arlo Go5 S with this new UI on a separate account. The Pro5 S works normal although this new app is like going back to some sort of steam engine in how it works. No flexibility. You can view the Arlo Go2 and you do get alerts from it on motion. However it does not capture or send videos. I was told by Arlo they should now work. Has anyone else used Arlo Go 2's and run into this problem.

Thanks.

Discussion stats