Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 - Amber Light Flashomg Twice

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Erdynep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 4

VMC404 1P

My Arlo was working fine along with the other 2 cameras until I recharged it. The app said it was offline. I have followed the factory reset steps by removing the device from the Arlo Secure App, removing and re-inserting the battery and holding down the sync button for over 15 seconds.

Now all the Pro 4 does when the battery is reconnected is first shine a blue light and then change that to amber then no light. It then continuously, every 10 seconds or so, blinks amber twice.

I am unable to re-add it to my Arlo Secure App as I do not get to the blue flashing light stage.

Any ideas what I should do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Support for the camera to see what support will do for you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The slow amber blink implies a dead battery. Can you swap batteries around to see what happens? WHen charging in the camera, the camera LED should turn on steady blue when fully charged.

Erdynep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I have just connected the charging cable back on and now the LED light is going through a repeating sequence of:

1) rapid blue light flashing for around 3 seconds

2) steady blue light for 2 seconds

3) then a quick amber light

4) 5 seconds of nothing and then back to 1

I am now charging both of my cameras

Erdynep
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have charged both cameras again and swapped the battery back and fore. My working camera shows 100% for both batteries and works with both. My now dud camera has a slow flashing blue light. About 10 seconds between the blue light turning on for a second and then off again 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Support for the camera to see what support will do for you.

Erdynep
Aspirant
Aspirant

I let the camera discharge as much as possible and then did a full recharge and a factory reset and managed to get it to connect. I didn't do anything different to what I had done before so not sure why it worked this time. If it had of failed I would have done as you suggested and gone to their support, but hopefully all good now and remains that way.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation