Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 (3) security camera worst ever battery life

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Nick4s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning, I bought the Arlo PRO 4, a week ago. First charging time was about 10h, after that all 3 battery run out after 6 days. After when i re-charge them again, the battery rut out after 3-4 days.

Question to Arlo company!

How you can selling the cameras and saying in descriptions:
Arlo Pro 4 battery should last between three and six months per charge?????!!!!!

Of course, Yes, I did check the battery, I re-charged them to 100% until blue lights were on before I unplugged them!

I'm very disappointed about Arlo pro cameras, I think they're deceiving us , I think this is false information about battery life!

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Battery life is based on Usage... spec being <5 mins per day of recording/live viewing.

Check and see how much the camera is recording per day ( add total time up ) and add in live view times.

Don't know if you are using activity zones... they do record too, but the videos made not show up as a recording if it was outside the zone ( zone processed at far end )

Under normal use I find that the battery last just over 2 months.

You can also look into using an ac outdoor adapter with cable that is up to 25 ft.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Nick4s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning !
Thanks for the answer !
Ok then, could you please explain to me and to other people why this information is not on the main Arlo website?
Explain for me and to other people please why this information is not available on the other several large online Shops in England?
Question to ARLO company:
Why are you misleading people with information that cameras can work from two to six months without recharging?
Why don't you initially explain to people what must be parameters setup in the cameras to get work without recharging from 2 to 6 m. before buying  ?
Please see bellow examples of ARLO online store and other stores where there is no explanation!
https://www.arlo.com/en_eu/support/faq/1202753/How-long-do-Arlo-camera-batteries-last
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart-tech/smart-tech/smart-home/smart-security-and-cctv/arlo-pro-4-qu...
https://shop.bt.com/products/arlo-pro-4-spotlight-camera---3-camera-kit---black-vmc4350b-100eus-GF13...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nick4s wrote:

Explain for me and to other people please why this information is not available on the other several large online Shops in England?

This is a user <-> user forum, and neither @TomMac nor I work for Arlo.  So it's not something we can answer.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe I misunderstood your question...?

Your question;   Ok then, could you please explain to me and to other people why this information is not on the main Arlo website?

But in your examples, looking into the text I read;

#1  "Average use assumes that you are using Optimized or Best Battery Life video settings and that your cameras record for approximately five minutes per day.

Increasing the length or quantity of video recordings in your camera's modes and rules decreases your battery life."

#2 " - Battery life: Up to 6 months  "

#3  " 1 ( up to 6 months )

So I wouldn't say so much it's not listed or unknown.

I looked at Arlo's main site under the camera, in spec it states 3-6 months battery life. While I see most of my cameras last at the low end of this, some cameras that have very low usage do last up to 6 months.  I add the date the battery is changed to the cameras name so I can keep track of this.  One thing of note is that If the battery is charged in a charging external unit, the batteries get a true 100% charge ( in the camera a charge is limited to 80% so if left plugged in no damage occurs to the battery )... An externally charge batter will last approx 20% longer.

Morse is faster than texting!
dcfox1
Master
Master

I get about 2 month and close to 3 on low activity cams. Thats about what I expected. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation