Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo PRO 4 GOING OFFLINE!

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
varenummer
Guide
Guide

I have been strucle since day 1 toth ARLO

The first month everything where fine

then GEO FENCE issues after the firmware on Iphone 11 and iPhone 13 ( still not working )
SOMETIMES i get message ( push message ) you are away from home.... BUT !! only some times. IT WORK someday, and the other days it work not at all... IT is like on and off

NOW the issue is OFF LINE

1. I have High quality 1000/1000 speed fiber internet.

2. Nothing in the house is having issues with the internet at all ( not even Samsung Smarthings light )

3. I tried reset 1000 times on Arlo 4, nothing helps

4. I can CONNECT the internet easy on every computer 2.5 ghz, and 5.0 ghz ( phone, PS4  etc. in the house ( no issues )...

5. The ARLO PRO 4 is the only thing that keeps saying OFFLINE ( THE SIGNAL ON ARLO IS STRONG!!! )
6. MY ARLO pro 4 is around 2 meter FROM the ROUTER, so strong signal and even POWER on camera with Cable 100% power ALL DAY!!

Where is the issue ? I Can´t find the issue here in Denmark ( Europe )

please help, I even tried RESET, new channel, etc. NOTHING helps at all, nothing at all.......

IF I GOOGLE or Facebook groups with Arlo Pro 4, they having the same OFF LINE issues, It looks like Arlo firmware did something DONT know

IAM getting frustreration, because it looks like not even ARLO can help either

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible it's just a faulty camera. Have you swapped at the store?

varenummer
Guide
Guide

I haven´t swappep it yet.......

But it PAINS me its going offline all the time... when OFF LINE it is 100% off, it doesen´t even try to get online again...

I can´t find the issue no where. I know it is not my internet connection / router, as everything is running perfectly in the house..

varenummer
Guide
Guide

yep.. OFF LINE again . I totally give up

IMG_9655.jpg
Grouzy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same kind of issue with no obvious fix.
After numerous trials on my wifi settings, I noticed that not using smart connect like features from the router helps to keep it more or less stable (basically having separate wifi network for 2.4 and 5Ghz). It’s definitely not 100% as I still have cameras randomly going offline from time to time, but it did help for me.
varenummer
Guide
Guide

Well I have been Taking the Arlo Pro 4 inside now, for testing.

It is the same issue, so what I thought It could be, where the TEMP... outside, but that is not that.
I have full update everything. Tried switch channel also ( now iam on channel 13 ) in 2.4 ghz, as Arlo can´t run 5.0 ghz

What I notice is this :

the issue have come over the last two months ( AFTER ARLO ) did a firmware update......
Because later firmware no issues.....

So now i know it is NOT my router or wifi, as everything else in the house i running perfectly

varenummer
Guide
Guide

Try see this guy. He have the same issues as me. AFTER THE FIRMWARE

Skærmbillede 2021-12-21 kl. 08.53.03.png
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

varenummer,

Given all of the troubleshooting steps you've already listed here, I encourage you to contact the Arlo support team to further investigate this issue. You can contact support from within the Arlo mobile app to create a ticket.

JamesC

varenummer
Guide
Guide

I did, They Could not tell me why ......

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation