Arlo 4 Pro

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jflanny523
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have (3) Arlo 4 pro security cameras. I would like one of them to only start motion recording from sunset to sunrise, during the day I dont want it recording to conserve the battery. Any suggestions on how to do this from the App? I have seen post with similar questions for different camera models but I cant figure it out.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jflanny523 wrote:

I have (3) Arlo 4 pro security cameras. I would like one of them to only start motion recording from sunset to sunrise, during the day I dont want it recording to conserve the battery. Any suggestions on how to do this from the App? I have seen post with similar questions for different camera models but I cant figure it out.

Do you see "Library" on your app?  Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

jflanny523
Aspirant
Aspirant

At the bottom I see dashboard, feed, emergency, devices, and routines

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jflanny523 wrote:

At the bottom I see dashboard, feed, emergency, devices, and routines

Ok.

One path is to adjust one of the three modes to include the other three cameras, but not the one you want to schedule.

For instance, have "Armed Home" activate all cameras, and "Armed Away" activate the three you want to run 24/7, with no rule for the camera you want to activate only during the night.

Then schedule the mode changes as described here:

jflanny523
Aspirant
Aspirant

I really appreciate your feedback. However I must be an idiot because I’m still not figuring it out. The one camera (chicken coop) I wanted to record only at night now does not record at all day or night, and the other cameras record during the day but not at night 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does this camera have a rule in Arm Away? It should automatically be there but if needed, you can add the rule manually or remove and re-add in your account which should create the rule for you. Edit the rule to verify the camera is supposed to record.

Once that's working, create a new rule in Arm Home that duplicates what you see in Arm Away.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation