Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 4 Pro cameras offline but still records

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
dpfkbtech
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good Day,

I have recently purchased and setup 2 of my 5 Arlo 4 connected directly to separate WIFI connections. The separation is due to being on different physical sites. One location uses a netgear router for connection, other uses our onsite cradle point e3000 LTE router. The first we connected was the one on cradle point, which worked for about a day, until it began going offline after an hour or so. This was initially concerning until we got notifications during the night, which gave me assurance it was detecting and recording video. It wasn't until we hooked up the 2nd camera at our new location that I am now concerned. Within less than an hour, the 2nd camera goes offline, and inhibits the same behavior as the 1st. 

I have the cameras directly connected to the network WIFI, not on a base station, as I was informed I did not need one at the time of purchasing.

Below are the firmware versions (up to date to my understanding)

1st camera: 

Firmware1.080.16.2_16_7838050

HardwareVMC4041PAerH3

2nd camera:

Firmware1.080.16.2_16_7838050

HardwareVMC4041PAerH3

Im at a loss, as this is happening on 2 different networks entirely, routers are completely up to date, and no other devices on the network is having issues. Here is what I have tried:

1. resynced
  2. replace batteries with completely charged known good batteries
  3. factory reset and reconnect
  4. move closer to routers, no change.
  5. signing out of app, signing back into app
  6. uninstalling app and reinstalling app.
  7. signing onto website, using multiple browsers. Edge, chrome, firefox, opera. 

1 REPLY 1
dpfkbtech
Aspirant
Aspirant

For additional information, I have an Arlo Essentials Doorbell, which I am able to view video live just fine. I also have a few chime 2's that are working fine as well. its just the cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation