Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ALL Pro 4 Cameras not detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I left home today and got the message that geofencing is in away mode. One hour later I returned and got the message geofencing is now in home mode. While I was gone the lawn maintenance guys cut the grass which in the past would have set off all the cameras if they had been armed. In this case I got no alarms. I've made no changes to the geo settings. Cameras are running 1.080.15.4_36_dd972e firmware.  Any ideas?

32 REPLIES 32
sculin21
Aspirant
Aspirant

After having reinstalled all cameras, updated to the newest firmware and updated the iOS app, geofencing has been working correctly since yesterday! Let's see how long it will work.

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you running IOS 14.7.1 and Arlo firmware 1.08016.1_1085f5945 ?  I'm running with this configuration and still getting the same failure I've been getting since early July.

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

After getting your message, I tried geo again this morning and it worked. Still same configuration of IOS 14.7.1 and Arlo firmware 1.08016.1_1085f5945. I know the firmware is new, but funny it didn't work before. Hopefully this will be the permanent fix.

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spoke too soon. 4 cameras are now working in geofencing and 1 does not. I've tried pulling battery numerous times, restarting, etc. Still will not arm when in away mode. The 4 others cameras seem to be working okay. 

sculin21
Aspirant
Aspirant
Had exactly the same problem. Disconnect and reinstall the camera that is not working. I had to do this twice with one camera but since then ALL cameras work perfect. Restarting or removing the battery will not work.
SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay geofencing has worked for the last week, so I guess the firmware fix and reloading the cameras did the trick.  

SteveB101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I give up. Everything worked great for about a week while I was on vacation. Now all of a sudden when geofencing goes into home mode it arms two of my five cameras all the others are unarmed as they should be. I've removed batteries, removed and readded the cameras, etc with no change.   

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation