AC disconnected message but have a current subscription

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PTWoofa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know there are endless posts on this message but the posters either don't have a subscription or it seems to mysteriously recover for no apparent reason. When the 3 month free trial ran out, all recordings disappeared and activity zones stopped working. Fair enough, I knew that was going to happen. I set up the 'Arlo Secure Single Camera - Monthly' subscription and 2 months later, activity zones are still not working, recordings are still not working and the 'Activity Zones are currently disabled. AC power has been disconnected from this device. Please reconnect the power source to the device' message is still displaying.

I have done every step of the 5 steps recommended on the "How to fix the Arlo Camera AC Power Disconnected Error" Help Page, none has made a difference. So far this system has been a complete waste of a lot of money and I don't know how many hours I will never get back trying to troubleshoot this. 

If I have a paid subscription for the only camera that is connected to a plan which is supposed to give you 30 days of recordings and enable Activity Zones - so why won't anything work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PTWoofa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well the issue seems to have mysteriously resolved itself about an hour ago - the message has disappeared, recordings have started and the activity zones are now working. So now I can see that the other people that have had this issue where it seems to have suddenly fixed itself, is actually Arlo Support using this as an bug tracker and have gone in and fixed the bug for anyone who had this issue (with a paid subscription). I suspect that there is a bug where there is a delay between the free trial expiring and a paid subscription starting where the subscription functionality doesn't quite kick in.

Thanks for your help anyway Stephen!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PTWoofa wrote:

If I have a paid subscription for the only camera that is connected to a plan which is supposed to give you 30 days of recordings and enable Activity Zones - so why won't anything work?

Have you checked that the camera is actually listed in the subscription plan?

Use my.arlo.com on a PC for this.  Go into the subscription area, and you can double-check that the camera is in the plan (for instance, clicking on manage cameras).

PTWoofa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen, I checked my.arlo.com on my PC as well and the camera is listed in the Manage Cameras section under the Single Camera plan, and has a status of Recording. The other 3 cameras are listed under 'No Plan' but still have a status of Recording even though they have not been turned on for a couple of months. And it has the correct camera listed in the plan as well.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PTWoofa wrote:

Thanks Stephen, I checked my.arlo.com on my PC as well and the camera is listed in the Manage Cameras section under the Single Camera plan, and has a status of Recording. The other 3 cameras are listed under 'No Plan' but still have a status of Recording even though they have not been turned on for a couple of months. And it has the correct camera listed in the plan as well.

Might be time to try phone support.  You go into the support area of the app to use this.  Phone support is available from 6 am to 6 pm US pacific time - the phone icon will be grayed out if they are not open.

PTWoofa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well the issue seems to have mysteriously resolved itself about an hour ago - the message has disappeared, recordings have started and the activity zones are now working. So now I can see that the other people that have had this issue where it seems to have suddenly fixed itself, is actually Arlo Support using this as an bug tracker and have gone in and fixed the bug for anyone who had this issue (with a paid subscription). I suspect that there is a bug where there is a delay between the free trial expiring and a paid subscription starting where the subscription functionality doesn't quite kick in.

Thanks for your help anyway Stephen!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation