Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Schedule" by camera groups

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
giostefani
Tutor
Tutor

It's surprising that the Arlo development team didn't include this option, so hopefully they follow the Arlo Community and will see this post.  So one of the built-in modes is "Schedule".  I'm sure I'm not alone here and have had customers ask us the same thing (we are a Arlo reseller).  We have two cameras outside and three cameras inside.  During the hours of 11pm and 5am, I want the outside cameras armed and the inside cameras disarmed.  Right now, there is not a way to do that.  ALL the cameras are either armed or disarmed. It would be also nice to create my own custom mode with a schedule option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@giostefani wrote:

We have two cameras outside and three cameras inside.  During the hours of 11pm and 5am, I want the outside cameras armed and the inside cameras disarmed.  Right now, there is not a way to do that.  ALL the cameras are either armed or disarmed. It would be also nice to create my own custom mode with a schedule option.

you can already

1. create a custom mode that arms only the outdoor cameras (perhaps call it "outdoor").
  2. schedule that outdoor mode between 11 pm and 5 am.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@giostefani wrote:

We have two cameras outside and three cameras inside.  During the hours of 11pm and 5am, I want the outside cameras armed and the inside cameras disarmed.  Right now, there is not a way to do that.  ALL the cameras are either armed or disarmed. It would be also nice to create my own custom mode with a schedule option.

you can already

1. create a custom mode that arms only the outdoor cameras (perhaps call it "outdoor").
  2. schedule that outdoor mode between 11 pm and 5 am.

giostefani
Tutor
Tutor

Stephen,

Unfortunately that is not the case.  I already have a custom mode called "Outside Armed" and you can add specific cameras to this mode under the "Rules", but NO scheduling option.  I've check both the mobile and web app.  No go.

giostefani
Tutor
Tutor

Okay, I see what you are saying.  It's not very intuitive.  Under the "Schedule Mode", you have the pick your "Custom Mode", in my case "Outside Armed".

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@giostefani wrote:

Stephen,

Unfortunately that is not the case.  I already have a custom mode called "Outside Armed" and you can add specific cameras to this mode under the "Rules", but NO scheduling option.  I've check both the mobile and web app.  No go.

You might confused on how scheduling works.  You don't build the schedule into the mode.  Instead, you use the mode in the schedule.  You do that by editing the Schedule mode.

giostefani
Tutor
Tutor

So, I replied.  Thanks, that worked.  Now here's one for ya.  Can I do Geofencing based on a "Schedule".  It looks like I can.  So I basically can say, turn on the "Schedule" when I'm in Home mode and "Arm" everything when I'm in Away mode.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@giostefani wrote:

So, I replied.  Thanks, that worked.  Now here's one for ya.  Can I do Geofencing based on a "Schedule".  It looks like I can.  So I basically can say, turn on the "Schedule" when I'm in Home mode and "Arm" everything when I'm in Away mode.

Yes you can use "Schedule" for the Home mode.

This is confusing at first, because Arlo uses "mode" for three different things - the mode itself, the schedule, and the geofence.  So it is tricky to see how the three things relate.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation