Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

pro 2 and pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ineed4fun
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have 2 locations were i am using Arlo Cams , one location is using the Pro2 and everything works perfect and the other location is a Pro3 where up to a month ago everything was fine but after ARLO did a system update on their end now i cannot view any Pro3  recorded videos on my table top computer or my surface , and before i could. ARLO said it was on my end that my computer or surface is not updated but the doesnt explain why i can see all pro2 videos with no issues but cannot see Pro3. does anyone else have these issue please help.

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

@ineed4fun wrote:

i have 2 locations were i am using Arlo Cams , one location is using the Pro2 and everything works perfect and the other location is a Pro3 where up to a month ago everything was fine but after ARLO did a system update on their end now i cannot view any Pro3  recorded videos on my table top computer or my surface , and before i could. ARLO said it was on my end that my computer or surface is not updated but the doesnt explain why i can see all pro2 videos with no issues but cannot see Pro3. does anyone else have these issue please help.

Are you saying the Pro3 recordings are there but you can't view them and get a error stating to download them. If not seeing Pro3 at all has your 3 month Smart trial run out as you need a sub to have cloud recordings for Pro3. You would still get the free 7 day recordings on the Pro2 that you are seeing. 

ineed4fun
Aspirant
Aspirant

i can see recording for both pro2 and pro3 and when i want to watch recorded videos of the pro2 i have no issues but when i do the same for the pro3 videos it say cannot watch with this browser, but 45 days ago i could watch both no issues for 6 months prior then before that i had this same issue called complained and magically in 2 days ARLO fixed their issues. my it guy said ut their cloud and how its being stored but ARLO wont listen to the customer . they literally called me a liar and made me send videos that i can see the pro2 videos and not the pro3s. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ineed4fun wrote:

pro3 videos it say cannot watch with this browser, but 45 days ago i could watch both no issues for 6 months prior then before that i had this same issue called complained and magically in 2 days ARLO fixed their issues. 

If the videos in the library are marked as 2K, then with Windows you need a PC with hardware acceleration for HEVC, and you also need to use Edge (with hardware acceleration turned on in the browser).  1080p Arlo videos can be seen in Chrome or Firefox, but not 2K/4K.  On macOS, Safari will play them (I don't know if there are any restrictions related to hardware acceleration).  

Is it possible that you shifted browsers?  Or changed a video setting on the Pro 3?  There are a few settings that will change the resolution down to 1080p.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation