Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

phantom people?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Litlbunny
Aspirant
Aspirant
My inside garage camera clearly showed someone in my garage at 1437. My phone sent me a notice I was all a person in my garage no one is home. Look at the captured picture and it clearly shows someone in my garage.
I immediately call the neighbors, they stand outside my house and call n the cops.
In was out hiking and phone service was spotty at best. I tried to watch the video to see if dude ran out of the house or what. The video wouldn't play, and then when I finally got full phone service the video was gone.
Has anyone else experienced this, like totally wtaf?
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The video shouldn't have disappeared from the library without you choosing to delete it (perhaps inadvertently). I would force close the app and reopen it to see if that makes a difference as well as try the web client.

Litlbunny
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your reply.
Tried all of that before posting here.

My nephew was with me and he saw the same thing I did, he's even more freaked out about it than I am.

I did not delete that video, it simply disappeared. I read Ring got hacked and I'm wondering/ kind a hoping that is the issue here, or perhaps some cross video data. It's just damn weird!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that your account could be compromised so set up the 2 factor authentication (2FA) since it's going to be forced at the end of the month anyways. Also change your password to make sure no one else can access your account. That doesn't account for the missing video but should help ensure future events like this don't happen.

Another good step is to use a USB drive connected to your hub for local recordings as a backup. Even if the cloud recording disappears for any reason, including deleting, the local recording will still be there.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation