Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

pairing arlo pro 3 with chime

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Stanbetty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was told by the store salesman, and also by a Chat consultant, that I could pair pro 3 cameras and Chime, in order to get a notification that would wake me if the cameras detected a person on my verandahs at night.  I have just been told by another consultant that this is not the case.  Can someone enlighten me as to what the facts are?  I have unsuccessfully tried to pair Chime to the cameras, with no success.  Push notifications on my iPhone are useless, because iPhone does not have options to change both volume and ringtone on Chime.  It would seem that I have wasted an awful lot of money, not to mention time and stress levels!  Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you mean the Arlo chime, as long as both the chime and camera are connected to a hub or base you can use your modes and rules for the camera to activate the chime. You can only pair a chime with a doorbell.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Sorry what is chime?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you mean the Arlo chime, as long as both the chime and camera are connected to a hub or base you can use your modes and rules for the camera to activate the chime. You can only pair a chime with a doorbell.

Stanbetty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Shaun.  Arlo Chime Wire Free Doorbell  

Stanbetty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, jguerdat.  It is as I feared.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHy "feared"? Just edit your modes and rules to get what you need.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation