Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

not detecting any motion and not recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
evaquis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased the arlo pro 3 bundle with 3 cameras, the base, batteries, etc. My family and I were trying to hang up 2 of the cameras inside the house to look outside the windows. We had tried this similar tactic before with another wireless camera and the issue was it was picking up too much motion and we did not have motion features the way arlo does to solve this problem. Sadly since putting up these cameras, they have not recorded any motion whatsoever, only when I record it manually does it do so....My main concern is I am unsure if it will actually record anything outside if it is not recording anything inside... For more information into this problem, the camera is in a room that is located on the second floor looking down towards a shared garage and I don'think the height surpasses 20 feet and has recorded nothing.. not sure what to do or before putting it outside again since it just is not recording any motion outside, only records if I am fixing it therefore having to touch the camera etc...

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras detect motion thru IR, glass blocks this.

Move them outside.

Only the Q cameras use pixel change for detection ( and work thru glass )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
evaquis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick response and advice. I am very new to using these cameras and just getting these cameras has been a hassle in itself just trying to pick the best one, would you mind explaining further about these "Q" cameras you mentioned? I may look into those for extra support in case.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

evaquis,

Arlo Q is in an indoor, AC powered camera that utilized pixel based motion detection instead of IR motion detection. You can find more information about Arlo Q here: Arlo Q

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation