Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iPhone App Not Updating Battery Charge

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Craig_L
Initiate
Initiate

New to the Arlo product line and hoping somebody can help me out with a question regarding the iOS app.  I installed my cameras and got everything up and running.  Cameras work fine and I'm getting notifications for motion and so forth.  So, so far so good.  However, the battery life is not updating in the app for any of my cameras.  I've got two cameras running on just the batteries and one on a solar panel and the only way to see the correct battery life is to completely close out of the app and then come back in.  I guess I would expect that when I go to the gear option on any of the cameras and look at "Battery" I would see the current charge percentage.  What I'm actually seeing is the charge as of the last time I exited and re-entered the app.  The numbers never move unless I completely close out of the app and come back in.  Any thoughts?

Seems like a great product so far but this battery thing is stumping me.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Craig_L,

Are you seeing the same behavior when using the web client (my.arlo.com) or is this only happening on the mobile app?

JamesC

Craig_L
Initiate
Initiate

No it looks like it's updating correctly in the web client.  I can see the battery percentages changing over the course of the day.

Also, not sure if it's related, but I'm also seeing a separate issue where the smart notifications seem to be notifying incorrectly after I make changes in the app.  For example, I set one of my cameras so that notifications for animals are off in the smart notification settings in the app.  But I am receiving notifications and videos tagged as "animal" for that camera even after making the change to the settings and confirming (by going out of the app and back in) that the notification is still showing as off in the app settings.

Thanks for any help you can provide! 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation