Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

floodlights low extreme winter temperature

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PedroMarques
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experience for the second time freezing temperatures and one of my floodlight that is connected with outdoor charger simply stops to charge  and the battery dies. Do you plan to develop a full body skin to adjust for this and prevent the camera from dying. I had to dismount again and taking inside home to research the camera that is one year old. The google floodlight that I have are wired and do not suffer from this issue (no battery). Thank you.  

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

@PedroMarques wrote:

I am experience for the second time freezing temperatures and one of my floodlight that is connected with outdoor charger simply stops to charge  and the battery dies. Do you plan to develop a full body skin to adjust for this and prevent the camera from dying. I had to dismount again and taking inside home to research the camera that is one year old. The google floodlight that I have are wired and do not suffer from this issue (no battery). Thank you.  

As you said the google has no battery. On the Arlo floodlight the battery will stop charging at freezing to protect the battery. Since you said it is on AC (not solar panel) you can pull the battery and just use the AC power. Other users here have done that.  There are skins for the camera but not sure how much it keeps them a little warmer. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remember that any insulation simply slows down the rate of cooling. If on AC power, the camera is always operating at some level so a certain amount of heat is generated but may not be sufficient to keep the camera operating, depending on what the ambient temp is.

PedroMarques
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just wrapped the camera with pipe insulation silver with glass fiber and put some as well on the power case and now it works without issues. I have not seen any skins for the  floodlights! The small Arlo two gave me an indication that it was to cold to operate but after some hours and sun it was back again( this one has also a arlo skin). I will try next time the solution without battery to see if it works. Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation