Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

clips

Reply
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 394 Views
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
carrias
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many clips only appear in base station storage and they never upload to cloud. 

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@carrias wrote:

Many clips only appear in base station storage and they never upload to cloud. 


Do you have activity zones enabled for the camera?

carrias
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes,  I do.  Most of the clips with activities are inside the zone but still not upload to the cloud.  By the way,  there are many activities outside the zone uploaded to the cloud.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@carrias wrote:

Yes,  I do.  Most of the clips with activities are inside the zone but still not upload to the cloud.  By the way,  there are many activities outside the zone uploaded to the cloud.  


If you temporarily delete the zones, are all the recordings reaching the cloud?

ArhM
Tutor
Tutor

I have a mixture of arlo 1, 2 and 3. All cloud storage has disappeared from the free storage. Is there a problem? I know the 3 requires a subscription 

ArhM
Tutor
Tutor

Also I have two bases does your subscription apply to each base or can you have two bases on one subscription? In the community is there another company that gives a cheaper subscription price or free storage 

carrias
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only have one base and connected to 3 cameras.  I am paying $10 each month.  Now not all the clips upload to the cloud.  Some clips only find from my base station but not from the cloud.  And of course,  no notification for those clips not uploaded.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@carrias wrote:

I only have one base and connected to 3 cameras.  I am paying $10 each month.  Now not all the clips upload to the cloud.  Some clips only find from my base station but not from the cloud.  And of course,  no notification for those clips not uploaded.  


Once again - do you have activity zones enabled on the cameras?

carrias
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.  I do.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@carrias wrote:

Yes.  I do.  


When you are running the cameras on battery, they will stream whenever they detect motion.  Then the Arlo Cloud determines if the motion is within the zone or not - and supresses recordings and notifications whenever it thinks the motion is out of zone.  But the supressed recordings in the cloud library will be still be stored in local storage (since the base is doing that on its own).

 

I suggest deleting the activity zones for a bit - and then confirm that you are getting all the notifications and recordings in the cloud (which you should).

 

After you know that's the case, then try recreating the activity zones.

 

 

carrias
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to delete the activity zone.  Everything remain the same.  Still some clips not upload to the cloud.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArhM wrote:

can you have two bases on one subscription? 


Yes - there is no limit to the number of cameras (or bases).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@carrias wrote:

I tried to delete the activity zone.  Everything remain the same.  Still some clips not upload to the cloud.  


Originally it was "many", so I am wondering if the frequency has decreased.

 

Have there been any disruptions to your internet service (after you deleted the zones)?

Did you try to play the ones that weren't uploaded (to make sure they played w/o errors)?

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 395 Views
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation