Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo pro 3 video won't run on my desktop.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
David100
Tutor
Tutor

My arlo pro3 works fine on my phone but live video won't run on my desktop. Seems like other people have this problem. Is there a solution? Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

what are you running on your desktop ???

OS and machine and browser??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
David100
Tutor
Tutor

Windows 10 and microsoft edge. Tried with firefox and chrome also. Thanks

David100
Tutor
Tutor

Dell

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

David100,

Do you see an error message when you attempt to play video? What does it say?

JamesC

David100
Tutor
Tutor

No error, just won't show live video.

Motion detections are recording.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I experienced the sane issue when my edge browser updated to the newer version, (chromium). No matter what I did it just wouldn't work. I removed it and went back to the older version of edge and now it works again. Now this is on a older computer, I also have a newer laptop and the new edge browser works fine with it. So far I have been able to block the new version but I guess at some point I wont be able to. Also it's very tricky deleting the new edge version but it can be done. I do not advise this unless you know exactly what you're doing.

If you can try to remember when it stopped working and if any changes or updates were installed. Of course that's assuming that it ever worked.

David100
Tutor
Tutor

It worked on my old arlo, when I upgraded to the pro 3 is where it went  bad.

Looking around, I would think there's enough of a problem they would do something about this.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Is it just live that you said or all recordings you can't play? Also does it it work with 2k off. I can not see 2k recording on a tablet but live still works. Computer is fine with edge for both. 

David100
Tutor
Tutor

It records and plays videos just fine. It's the live view I cannot get.

I don't know what 2k off means.

dcfox1
Master
Master

For Live 2k streaming go to device settings for each camera then select  video settings and you can turn it off there to test for browser not working for it in 2k. That would default it to 1080.  But since you can see 2k recordings not sure if it will make a difference. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Just to add that setting is only available in the app not on web for some reason. 

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My bad, everyone else continue on.

David100
Tutor
Tutor

This stinks. I've had and enjoyed my arlo system for years. Now I upgrade and have this problem. About ready to toss the new one and hook up the old again. At least I could watch live videos. I can't believe they won't fix this. Is there a good place to complain?

dcfox1
Master
Master

Since it works as you said on the phone the system is working. You can call support for your desktop live view problem below. 

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation