Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kevandsylv3
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I have decided to store and record my recordings on a USB pen drive which works perfectly on the Hub WHEN the camera is armed (port forwarding works well).

HOWEVER, if I log in and see an intruder or suspicious activity I was informed by the support team that I cannot start a recording UNLESS I SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!

This is totally waste of time, a security cam from your competitors can do this without subscription and to have a security cam without being able to initiate a recording (on my hub) is a joke to be frank.

If this is not resolved I will be selling the cams as they are a total waste of space and are unable to provide me with any evidence given the scenario as detailed above.

NOBODY warned me against this design flaw prior to purchasing the 4 cam kit for 800 GBP, if this does not get resolved I will be selling the kit and purchasing another system which does not require subscription and does the job a security cam should do eg RECORD!!!!!!!

A security cam that does not record (unless you subscribe) is a joke and total rip off, I am really annoyed about this as you can probably tell!

I have raised a compliant and will await the call............

yours truly a disgruntled customer

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

Are talking about manual recording or motion recordings?

kevandsylv3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Manual, eg if I want to record suspicious activity when I log on to a camera I can't, the only record function is through motion when the camera is armed. It is not fair or right and proper NOT to allow recordings for this type of requirement and it certainly should not be leverage to try and get everyone to subscribe.
dcfox1
Master
Master

I don't know if you need a sub for manual but why not just use the motion recordings?  Manual recordings overrides the motion recording anyway and you do not need a sub for motion recordings at least. 

What options will I have when the Arlo Smart 3-month trial plan ends?

kevandsylv3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I could do that but battery would be flat in a day as thete is too much activity in zones and yes you do need subscription for manual record facity which is not good!! Wish id never bought it now what a load of xxxx. At least the competitors have this facility....so as I said I'll probably sell now I now the truth about the limitations imposed because the company try to force everyone go subscribe thats why they limit the features and benefits but a security cam should have a manual record facilityas a basic facility period....I'm fuming!!!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation