Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wind Noise and Zone Useage

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Allen012
Tutor
Tutor

Hi!  Question regarding wind noise.  I'm getting a lot of it!  All 3 cameras are placed near an overhang so maybe wind is circulating through that area more and the camera is picking it up.  Does the Pro 3 have any type of wind or noise cancellation?  Theres a lot of false alerts due to this noise.  I've also experienced a heavy delay in the camera picking up motion during my tests.  Is this normal?  Does it help to create zones? Would this make the cameras ability to pick up motion more accurate?  Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can reduce the audio sensitivity in your modes and rules to see if that helps. You may need to reposition the cameras or even disable audio detection if the issue continues.

Motion sensitivity is also set in your modes and rules but first make sure that the cameras are properly positioned so motion is across the FOV and not at the cameras. There are FAQs here in the support area for camera positioning, changing sensitivity, creating new modes and rules and many other topics.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can reduce the audio sensitivity in your modes and rules to see if that helps. You may need to reposition the cameras or even disable audio detection if the issue continues.

Motion sensitivity is also set in your modes and rules but first make sure that the cameras are properly positioned so motion is across the FOV and not at the cameras. There are FAQs here in the support area for camera positioning, changing sensitivity, creating new modes and rules and many other topics.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation