Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why Can't I Resync My Arlo3 Camera After It Went Offline?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jammr72
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had this Arlo Pro 3 System with 3 cameras for just over a year (purchased 5/7/20202) This past week both cameras went offline.  One of the cameras indicated the wireless signal was weak.  I bought a new wireless router.   I can get the Arlo base to connect to the internet via ethernet cable.   Deleted both cameras and the base.  Was able to get the base back on lien but the 2 cameras will not resync.   I would think for the price of this system, it would last more than 16 months.  I can't get through to customer support.   

10 REPLIES 10
jammr72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive' had it since 5/7/2020 sorry for typo

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jammr72 wrote:

I've had this Arlo Pro 3 System with 3 cameras 

... Deleted both cameras 

Two cameras?  Or three cameras?  If three, is the third one working?

Did you reset the cameras?  You hold down the sync button on the camera for about 15 seconds (until it flashes amber).

jammr72
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is an Arlo Pro3 with 2 cameras.  Neither camera is working.    Yes, I reset the cameras, I followed the directions exactly.  On how to delete and add them back on including taking the battery out and resetting them.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jammr72 wrote:

It is an Arlo Pro3 with 2 cameras.  Neither camera is working.    Yes, I reset the cameras, I followed the directions exactly.  On how to delete and add them back on including taking the battery out and resetting them.

But the base is on-line?

jammr72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes the base is online.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jammr72 wrote:

Yes the base is online.

If you are adding them back via the mobile app, then try again using a PC browser (my.arlo.com).  

On the other hand, if you are using the PC browser, then try again with the mobile app.

If that fails, then I suggest contacting support (use the link in the upper right of the forum page - googling arlo support often ends up with a fake support link). 

mabru
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue.
Funny enough my problem started roughly at the same time yours did.

Both cameras went dark. Base flashed amber. 
Took a factory reset and its back online after a re-install in the app.

None of my 2 cameras will reconnect.

Took the reset with the sync button on both of them. Even tried to connect my laptop with a cable insted of wireless to the same switch to be sure, but just cant sync them. "Cant find any camera"

Frustrating

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mabru wrote:

Took the reset with the sync button on both of them.

Did you remove them from the account before you tried re-onboarding them?

mabru
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, i figured that would be smart after the base reset.
Now the cameras isnt visible anymore so i cant delete them.

So im trying to figure out how to fix that mess.
I have suspected the reason was that i didndt delete them, and now i cant. So.. you know how to correct that mistake? 😅
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Normally they should still be in the device list, but with an "off line" status.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation