Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What are compatible USB Flash or Thumb Drives for VMB4540?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SugaRay49
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to make sure I buy the correct USB Flash Drive for local storage on my Arlo 3 4540. I've been trying to research Flash Drives that can format FAT32. That information is proving to be difficult information to find in the specs of Flash Drives. Any advice? Has anyone been successful with a particular USB Flash Drive? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any USB drive can be formatted to FAT32. The file system format has no bearing as to what device is being used. Just be sure it's at least 16GB since that's the smallest that can be used.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have one of these for that same base/hub VMB4540, A little big but no problems at all.

Amazon.com: Toshiba (HDTC920XL3AA) Canvio Advance 2TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0, Blue: Co...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any USB drive can be formatted to FAT32. The file system format has no bearing as to what device is being used. Just be sure it's at least 16GB since that's the smallest that can be used.

SugaRay49
Aspirant
Aspirant
Awesome! Thanks for the info. How much video does 2TB store? How many days? Does it depend on how many cameras are attached?
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It's not how many day's it will hold, it's more like how many years will it hold. Of course it depends on how much recording is done. I live in a rural area so not a lot of foot traffic and such. I'm also on a dead end road so hardly any auto's are recorded. Once it is full the base then start overwriting the recordings starting with the oldest 1st. 

I have three pro three cameras on mine.

I installed mine in March of this year and this is what it say's now: 1.58 TB of 1.82 TB available. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@K80Shooter  Your location is just like mine,  dead end road in rural area . Half of my activity is deer and critters lol. It would last years here also. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation