Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Viewing the 2k video on a Mac Pro (from a Pro 3)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
DougHous1
Follower
Follower

I have recently bought 4 Arlo Pro 3 cameras and have been trying to view the video clips in 2K directly on my Mac Pro (running on Big Sur) . Viewing the video in 2k is not possible (although non 2K is ok) unless I first download the video onto the Mac. It seems crazy that the Arlo product is not fully compatible with the Mac as this significantly reduces its value. If I can view the 2k video in my iPhone 6, then why not my Mac Pro? I am mighty glad I did not go for the 4K cameras!

Do others have the same issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As you can read in other threads as well in FAQs here in the support area, it's the BROWSER that limits this. Most browsers do not come with the appropriate codec for 2/4k videos due to licensing issues. Microsoft's Edge can play the videos if the hardware is new enough to support the add-on for this. There may be alternative browsers that can play these but I don't know of any.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As you can read in other threads as well in FAQs here in the support area, it's the BROWSER that limits this. Most browsers do not come with the appropriate codec for 2/4k videos due to licensing issues. Microsoft's Edge can play the videos if the hardware is new enough to support the add-on for this. There may be alternative browsers that can play these but I don't know of any.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation