Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Videos store on Hub are not available Message

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
twickercam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am running a Q+ and a number of Pro3s across two SmartHubs. I don't have a could subscription for these devices and use a USB in each SmartHub to store videos.  Aside from the hassle of having to navigate different drop downs in the library to view videos, recordings were displaying correctly. 

However, as of yesterday, when going into the Library I get the following message:

Videos store on <<Hub name>> are not available. Please check your connection settings.

My connection settings are fine.  Both hubs are happy, with a steady blue light.  I can view all cameras in the app and when looking at Settings >> Device Settings >> Storage Settings I can see no issues, and Storage Status Ready.

Is anyone seeing these message or does anyone have any advice to resolve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the hub and safely ejected and reinserted the drive? If you remove the drive and view it on a computer can you see the videos?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the hub and safely ejected and reinserted the drive? If you remove the drive and view it on a computer can you see the videos?

twickercam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, thanks for the suggestion.  It was a simple case of turn it off and on again.

The issue I think was prompted by power being shut off recently.  Working again now - thanks jguerdat!

glensbo
Tutor
Tutor

I have the exact same issue - and the proposed solution didn't fix the problem, I'm able to view old recordings, I'm able to connect to the cameras live and I can't see any other problems tried to restart in the correct order connecting to the router seeing messages that motion is detected, but no recordings locally

twickercam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Glensbo

When I got things running again one of the hubs I had to turn off and on again a few times before I regained access to local recordings.  I imagine you've tried that already?

Sorry I haven't got any more technical advice to offer!

glensbo
Tutor
Tutor

Yes now I have tried several times and the problem persists

glensbo
Tutor
Tutor

And I do have access to the USB device - the problem is that the videoclips are not stored although I get notifications on motion and audio activations.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation