Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 42 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
alachew_77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all,

I need Help! My Pro 3 smart hub suddenly can’t connect to internet and keep blinking amber light. I check on my router that the smart hub already connected with a IP address and I can Ping it. I have try restart and rest the smart hub , restart my router. Still doesn’t Help. Change the SmartHub IP address and make as reserved still not working. Any idea or solution please?
42 REPLIES 42
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just make sure your hub is as far away from you main router as possible... I had to move mine about 10ft away before it stopped causing issues

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Are you in Singapore? As I am. Same problem. Changed base station, changed router still no luck. Called Starhub and all ports are working.

There's a thread in the pro2 forum about the same issue for many of us.
alachew_77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, yup in Singapore I suspect Arlo update firmware cause the issue. Go Arlo Singapore service Center to do exchange. 178 Paya Lebar Road #02-01 Singapore 409030 .
alachew_77
Aspirant
Aspirant
You mention u changed base station??? And still not working?? Where did you changed?
jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Already done!
New router as well!

Still the same issue
jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Changed at Arlo service centre. My set was just 2 months old and from a Challenger as well
alachew_77
Aspirant
Aspirant
It must be the firmware updated on the 29 April 20 that cases the connection to internet. Hi Support did you hear us!!! Please Help!!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jjongkp, alachew_77

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

alachew_77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dear James,
We have already done all the best we can. I have contacted online chat with Arlo support with all the troubleshooting without any solution. Google , ISP... still not working. Now we have another users in Singapore also having the same issue with me and happen on the same date that the firmware was updated. He has changed a new set of the smarthub with the service Center and same thing happened. He even changed the router and get same issue. Why is Arlo not checking on their end ??? This has been a very big problem for the end users in Singapore. What does it proof on your brand??
KLui
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all

I have been facing the same issue since May too! Base station is flashing amber. 

I have been troubleshooting this for the past 1 week and cumulatively >20 hours:

1. Drove all the way to Paya Lebar to change the base station - twice

2. Reset my ONT (the router / modem that connects to my optical fibre network and my router) 

3. Reset my router - at least twice

4. Opened the ports 80, 123, 443 whenever I reset my router

5. Power cycle and reset my base station - multiple times - my paperclip is on standby beside it right now. 

I live chatted Arlo and they concluded I needed to contact my router support. 

I contacted my router support and they concluded I needed to check with Arlo again. 

I live chatted Arlo again and they told me to change base station which I did - still no use. 

Wondering if anyone else has managed to solve their problem - short of asking for a full refund?

Router support also suggested that I contact the ONT support to open the ports - did anyone actually try that? 

PS: am based in Singapore too. 

jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo support has opened a case based on this thread. Let's hope we have an answer soon.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The dev team believes this could be a DNS issue at the ISP level. Try changing your DNS within your router settings and test again to see if that resolves the issue: Configure your network settings to use Google Public DNS

JamesC

jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
This has been done. We've tried DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 with no success.
Goosefudge
Guide
Guide

I have also recently purchased Arlo Pro 3 and ;ive in Singapore and I have the same issue.

I am also now on my second base station having returned the first but same problem still.

Arlo Pro 3 owners here need help please.

alachew_77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, are you using StarHub ISP?
Goosefudge
Guide
Guide

HI - yes Starhub fibre.

alachew_77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Guess we are right. We all using StarHub ISP and cant connect to Arlo cloud service on 29 April 2020 . Not sure what have Arlo done on the firmware update!!!??? SG support is checkBig with Netgear support. Don’t know when they will get back to us?? Change ISP because of Arlo?? Haha joke of the month!
KLui
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all!

Somewhat relieved that I am not the only person facing this problem. 

Arlo got back to me and said they think it's a problem with my ISP Starhub. Asked me to call Starhub -- shouldn't it be their responsibility to engage Starhub instead of individual consumers calling about the same issue? 

Then Arlo suggested that I changed my D.N.S. to 8.8.8.8 but since I read a fellow user did that to no avail, I have decided to wait for Arlo to get back to me after they communicate with Starhub. 

In the worst case scenario, I am prepared to ask for a full refund and switch to another brand of IP camera that my ISP can support. Hope I do not have to resort to that, as Arlo Pro3 is otherwise a very good camera. 

alachew_77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
StarHub keep telling me it’s the IP camera issue.....told me many many times with no solution. I told them lucky I have no contract with them. So helplessly! Arlo please don’t anyhow update firmware without our consent!!?!? Once updated you blame Everything without any solution. Keep us so busy troubleshooting here and there without giving proper channel. We pay so much on your products and not many people are willing to pay that amount of money on your IP camera! I have a few Taobao camera @ $40 SGD > image is so clear that u can’t believe with that amount. Why I agreed to purchase Arlo because I trust & believe your product...😠.
YKM2
Tutor
Tutor

I am the Arlo Pro 2 user with VMB 4500 base station, found identical problem with Pro 3 user here: Amber LED suddenly start flashing some time end of April after using it for several months with zero problem. I have done all sorts of things suggested in the community without success. I even ordered a new VMB4500 from Amazon.sg thinking it could be hardware fault. I was wrong, same problem on the new set. 

I observed when first powered up my new base station that it worked initially with the LED turned sold blue. Allowing me to establish link with the Arlo app. Before I am ready to link with the cameras, the LED went back to persistent flashing amber again. 

After that, the base staton LED would show solid amber, followed by blue for 1~2 second, and turn flashing amber, every times I re-power up, and never ever to establish link again. I strongly suspect the base station automatically loaded with new firmware after I first power-up, but brick the base station consequently. I searched the Internet for ways to reset to factory setting, e.g. pressing the reset button for > 30s, pressure reset button together with Sync button, etc. No luck.

Amazing that the company behind this product had not responded and find a solution with so many customers with the same problem till now. I tried the live Chat, It would show you are number # in the line, but after # reach 1 and half an hour later, I would be told: "No agents are available. We can't chat right now, Try again later". Go Figure!   

jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still waiting for arlo to do something.

It's been 2 weeks since the last firmware update, and more than a week since we raised the issue.

Arlo come on, don't keep us waiting
alachew_77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo , you need to do something to our lost!!!!! You are wanted by Singapore Arlo StarHub users!!! Hahaha ... Arlo is a joke!! Who is the owner ah!?!?
KLui
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hihi

Just added DNS 8.8.8.8. to router set up as per instructed by the Arlo agent. 

Also opened ports 123, 80, 443 as per instructed. 

Still seeing the amber flashing light on Arlo base station. 

The Arlo agent is on leave and has not gotten back to me for a few days. 

3rd week with this expensive system sitting there like a white elephant in my house. 

Checked with 2 friends also using Arlo - their ISP are M1, MyRepublic. ZERO ISSUES~~~

So it's either we

1) successfully get Arlo to solve this problem with Starhub

2) change our ISP to suit Arlo

3) get a full refund and change IP cam brand.

Sigh. 

KLui
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all again

Called Starhub - helpful operator has helped me to reset my IP. 

No change in status. Did not solve Arlo issue.  

He says Starhub did not block any ports, neither is there any DNS problem.

Back to the Arlo support now. 

Discussion stats
  • 42 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation