Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4540. My base station won't hold an internet connection

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
positano69
Follower
Follower

My arlo base station which has worked for years won't hold an internet connection. All troubleshooting is complete and everything else is working. Do base stations go bad and how can I tell.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@positano69 wrote:

My arlo base station which has worked for years won't hold an internet connection. All troubleshooting is complete and everything else is working. Do base stations go bad and how can I tell.

Is it showing up in your router's attached device list?

They can fail - some easy things to check are

1. the ethernet connection LED on your router (if it has one)
  2. whether it is in the attached device list in the router
  3. whether it is creating a wifi network - just look on your phone, and see if there an Arlo network in the list.

Aslo, the LED(s) on the base give some clues:

MrHappy007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.

I have an older 4000 as well, and it works, but does not have the ability to record to a hard drive.

Both units, show up on my router device list when connected, and the LED on the 4540 is solid blue, but I can no longer connect cameras to it.

It says not found and offline in the Arlo app.

This happened without warning after several months without issues.

Again, I can still use my older 4000, so this makes not sense.

I have tried the factory reset, and the 4540 is found, but once I try connecting a camera, It disappears, all the while still showing up on my router list with a solod blue light.

Confused and frustrated.

I am guessing it has to be replaced?

Spanners
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  My VB4540 stopped working.  I reset it and couldn't get it back online.  Blue light is on.

Went back to my older base and it is working fine.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also remove the hub from your account when you reset it? Both must be done.

MrHappy007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did remove the hub from the account.

I then added it back after resetting factory setting, and it appeared right away, but as soon as I tried to re-add the first camera, it could not be found and under the devices tab, showed as offline.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation