Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMA4600

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cangelou
Follower
Follower
My Friend gave me a solar panel VMA4600 for one of my cameras arlo pro 3. The connections are different but he said I can just buy the magnetic cable on tye internet and swap out the existing power cord for the one that works with arlo pro 3. Is this true? I don't want to damage the camera if the panel was not meant to power the pro 3.
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cangelou wrote:
My Friend gave me a solar panel VMA4600 for one of my cameras arlo pro 3. The connections are different but he said I can just buy the magnetic cable on tye internet and swap out the existing power cord for the one that works with arlo pro 3. 

Not sure if it will work or not, but I don't see why Arlo would have rolled out a different panel for the Pro3 and Ultra if they could have just provided a new cable.

I don't think it's likely that you'd damage the camera - far more likely that it just won't work.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The VMA4600 is not designed to work with Arlo Pro 3. Take a look at the VMA5600 for more information on a solar panel that is compatible with your Arlo Pro 3 camera: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA5600-10000S.html

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation