Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Goldfish69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the Arlo Pro 3 for my barracks room because of break ins/assaults/petty theft on my base and I wanted to feel safe while living here. The WiFi network I have is built in into the barracks and you have to sign up via a third party group therefore there is no actual router. I've set up the base station online with the MAC address, however my device will show a blue light for about 30 seconds then blink amber. My Arlo app is unable to find the base station. Does anyone know if I can set up my base station through the barracks wifi, or do I need to buy a router? Any help is much appreciated!! 

10 REPLIES 10
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

You need to be able to plug the Pro 3 hub into an Ethernet connection.

Do you have a wifi extender that connects back to your wifi source?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Goldfish69
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought a router and set up the base station by connecting the station to the modem. (Router only has one Ethernet cable that connects to the modem). The base station has a solid blue light however the app does not recognize the base station. What do I do from here? Is there anyway for me to set this up?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Goldfish69 wrote:
I bought a router and set up the base station by connecting the station to the modem. (Router only has one Ethernet cable that connects to the modem). The base station has a solid blue light however the app does not recognize the base station. What do I do from here? Is there anyway for me to set this up?

What modem are you using (manufacturer and model number)?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

And what is this router with only one Ethernet port? Make and model again.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Goldfish69
Aspirant
Aspirant
The router is from Spectrum, model number is E31U2V1. The manufacturer is Ubee
Goldfish69
Aspirant
Aspirant
https://www.ebay.com/i/153765650094?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid...

That's the set up I have. Router on the left and modem on the right. The modem has all the Ethernet ports. Router has two ports for a phone cable and one Ethernet port for the modem.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Goldfish69 wrote:
The router is from Spectrum, model number is E31U2V1. The manufacturer is Ubee

That is not a router, it is a "gateway", effectively a modem with a bit for a phone.

What you call the modem, the one with the array of LAN ports on the back, is the router.

How is all this wired together?

It should be:

phone line > modem (E31U2V1) > router 

You then plug the Arlo base station into the router.

Just another user
Goldfish69
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the clarification. I plugged the base station into the router and still no luck. The app still cannot find the base station which is showing a solid blue light.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Goldfish69 wrote:
Thank you for the clarification. I plugged the base station into the router and still no luck. The app still cannot find the base station which is showing a solid blue light.

Try using a PC browser ( https://my.arlo.com ) instead of using the app.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Goldfish69 wrote:
....the base station which is showing a solid blue light.

This says that the base station has an Internet connection.

As @StephenB says, try a browser.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation