Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Upgrade to Arlo Pro3

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JoPb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded our Arlo system to Arlo Pro 3 (Basestation + 4 cameras) from Arlo Pro 2.  I have a subscription for 10 x cameras.-only use 8.

When I upgraded I deleted out three of the Pro2's, my current problem is that my Arlo Smart Premier subscription is accepting of 5 camera but is telling me that 3 only Arlo Pro 3's are in a trial period.

I have tried to move these 3 cameras in to my subscription but it tells me the following;

"Your account doesn't support another device

Can anyone please explain why not when as I am still under my 10 camera subscription.

Thank you in advance  Jo

8 REPLIES 8
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@JoPb wrote:

Can anyone please explain why not when as I am still under my 10 camera subscription.

That's an old subscription. The maximum is now five, with extras added per camera.  And there are no annual subscriptions!

Looks like you have been shafted in the change over.

I think you'll have to invoke the intervention of the official support people.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JoPb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply Michael it was greatly appreciated 😉. Sadder part about this is that if there is no longer subscriptions, Arlo itself have just sent out my annual 12 month subscription for $129 (AUS) - paid only 3 weeks ago.  Looks like I do need to invoke the intervention of the official support team to as Pauline Hanson says “please explain”?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@JoPb wrote:

...Arlo itself have just sent out my annual 12 month subscription for $129 (AUS) - paid only 3 weeks ago. 

In that case, they really have to honour that subscription.

I suspect that consumer protection in Oz is more like that in the EU and the UK than it is in the USA where companies seem to be able to shaft consumers with impunity.

Just what you need during lockdown. Good luck.

You may have to invoke the hope of @JamesC but remember that the moderators don't make the rules. No point in bad mouthing them, not that you would, of course. But some people do have a habit of getting a bit sweary around here.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JoPb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still awaiting an answer, is there any admin out there that can answer my question please?  Thanks in advance

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JoPb wrote:

I still awaiting an answer, is there any admin out there that can answer my question please?  Thanks in advance

You'll need to contact support directly to resolve this.  If you don't get a timely response, you can contact the mods and ask them to escalate it for you.  A private message (using the envelope link in the upper right of the forum page) is a good way to do that.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

JoPb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks StephenB appreciate your reply.

Jo

FirstCup
Star
Star

I to have tried to upgrade to the Arlo Pro 3 with it incorporated with my Pro 2 system, which is two base stations on one smart subscription plan for 10 cameras. I have found that I have been given the Arlo Royal Screw on my subscription plan for the Pro 2's. I set up the Pro 3 with 3 cameras on a new trial account separate from the Pro 2 account.

Since I have several Pro 2 cameras from my 10 camera account I can no longer use on that account, can I set them up on the Pro 3 smarthub. In my mind I seem to think I can have 5 cameras on the smarthub trial subscription and then after the 90 days I would have to pay $9.99 for the 5 camera setup. I must be wrong. I've been wrong about everything else with this well managed company.

JoPb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Firstcup, your response was greatly received.  I have managed to have success albeit quite by accident.  Out of frustration I upgraded the additional 3 cameras that weren’t included.  As I paid an annual subscription of $129.00 I automatically received a message to say you will now be direct debited $15.99 per month for up to 16 cameras and you will be credited $113 to your credit card?  I now have all 8 cameras on the Arlo Pro 3.  Can’t thank you all enough for your input and advice.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation