Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to delete any library videos plus unplayable videos

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
mharps
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Currently storing videos locally on a USB drive.

Using an iPhone X and connected via our home network.

For some reason, using the Arlo App, I am no longer able to delete any stored videos.

When I have selected a video then touch the 3 dots at the top right, the only options I get are to Share, Save Photos and Cancel.

Am, I missing something here or is this app now so limited that I am not able to delete locally stored videos?

Also for who knows what reason, random recorded videos are corrupted and cannot be played.

The video can be downloaded successfully but when you try to play it, it is unplayable.

Happens randomly with recordings from all 4 cameras.

Have replaced the USB drive and it still happens.

Attached is a screen shot from my phone.

I have to say that I am beginning to regret purchasing the Arlo 3 with it's 4 cameras.

Cost a small fortune for this system and these constant errors with basic functionality indicate a company that does not properly test their software.

1 REPLY 1
mharps
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please disregard the original message.

After further searching through the forum, I found that it is not possible to delete locally stored videos using the app by design.

I wish they had asked what we wanted rather than not providing the functionality.

Also I found a method of getting successful access to viewing the videos I was not able to.

It seems you need to go into the settings and delete any downloaded videos.

This is clearly a bug in their application and should be fixed.

Am still regretting we ever purchased an Arlo product.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation