Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

There was an error obtaining your library Arlo Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BobG88
Aspirant
Aspirant
I regret ever buying this Arlo! Pro 3 camera. Nothing but issues, and Arlo always trying to squeeze every last cent out of people instead of providing a quality product to begin with.

Anyway I have the app on my phone and recently have started receiving the error "There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is working on solving the issue". Someone has stolen something from my front yard yet I cant get the clip. Any idea how i can fix this issue? I have tried reinstalling the app and my phone - no success.
9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you able to access the recordings using your PC?

BobG88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Stephen. Yes I am. However it would be more convenient to access from phone. I have a USB connected in there.

Could you please tell me how I can address this issue so that I can access videos from my phone?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BobG88 wrote:
Hi Stephen. Yes I am. However it would be more convenient to access from phone. I have a USB connected in there.

Could you please tell me how I can address this issue so that I can access videos from my phone?

When you say "USB connected" - do you mean you are having problems using direct access to local storage?  Or are you having problems accessing cloud storage?

I'd start by seeing if the issue happens both when using wifi connected to the phone and when using cellular data.

BobG88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Stephen. I did not subscribe to cloud storage as it is too expensive. I have a USB connected in my Hub. In the past, I have been able to view my videos on my phone that were saved on my USB. Unfortunately this isnt the case anymore.

I have tried to access the videos when im out, and at home - both via cellular data and home wifi. No success unfortunately. Any idea how to solve this issue without having to buy arlo cloud storage?

TIA
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BobG88 wrote:
I did not subscribe to cloud storage as it is too expensive. I have a USB connected in my Hub. In the past, I have been able to view my videos on my phone that were saved on my USB. Unfortunately this isnt the case anymore.

I suggest ejecting the drive, and making sure it can be mounted in a Windows PC.  If Windows offers to "repair" it, then let it proceed.   After that, add it back to the base and restart it.  Then see if the behavior on your phone changes.

Are you using Android or iOS?

BobG88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Stephen,
I installed a brand new USB. Still doesnt solve the issue?

Any suggestions? Im from Australia and the Arlo customer support is the worst i have ever seen for a company. How can i get into contact with someone to fix up this issue? I wish i never bought this Arlo camera if im being honest, and i wouldnt recommend it to anyobe looking to buy one.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BobG88 wrote:

I installed a brand new USB. Still doesnt solve the issue?

Did you format it in the base?

BobG88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. No, it hasnt worked.

Is there a number I can call (and what time is it open Sydney (Australia) time) as everytime I call it seems like they are closed, or an email I can use to the Arlo as I am extremely dissatisfied with this product and need answers to resolve this.

Thanks heaps and sorry to rant but paying premium for a product like this and not being able to access customer service really sucks. I personally wouldnt recommended any Arlo products to anyone reading this based on my experiences unfortunately. Might change my time once i am able to get into contact with the arlo team though
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BobG88 wrote:

Is there a number I can call 

Note I don't work for Arlo.  The only numbers I am aware of are the ones on the support link at the top right of the forum page.  There is a number for Australia there.

You can also try chat - it will take you through a chatbot first (which is probably worth a try), but eventually you will be able to contact an agent.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation