Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Terrible support

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rguess1
Initiate
Initiate
This is the ABSOLUTE worst customer support system I have ever experienced in my life. After buying THREE expensive floodlight cameras I haven’t been able to connect with a single person for troubleshooting issues. Each camera is supposed to come with a trial but the setup is misleading. No subscription = no assistance according to the bot messenger. No phone numbers and no email. Unbelievably frustrating.
A8EBF1B9-01D9-42FE-9B4A-ED13AE753FE9.png
4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
Looks like you’re only allowed to complain once an hour on the arlo community forum.
It can sometimes take me 30mins to upload a reply so not surprised much.
You’re meant to access support via the app if you have subscription. Go to settings and support is at the bottom to show what your options are.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Rguess1

Thanks for letting me know. Can I ask for more detail regarding the  issue you are experiencing so I can assist you.

Thanks 

Rguess1
Initiate
Initiate
The cameras are still not connecting to the app after hearing the chime. Fully charged and with the proper internet ghz. Customer support is useless.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rguess1 wrote:
The cameras are still not connecting to the app after hearing the chime. Fully charged and with the proper internet ghz. Customer support is useless.

Have you tried onboarding on a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com)?

Note that the network needs to be encrypted - WPA2 (AES).  Guest networks sometimes won't work - the phone (or PC) needs to be able to "see" the camera, and some guest networks are set up to prevent this.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation