Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tamper proofing an outdoor alarm

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Krushull
Follower
Follower

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone has come across any useful gadgets for protecting their front camera. Mine is fairly high but I build a box which hides the mounts for both the solar panel and camera so just the screw part is showing for the camera so it wouldn't be hard to nick if you were dedicated. 

I was first looking for something that had some sort of pressure sensor I could mount on the box so when the camera was removed it would pop out and set off an alarm, but I didn't have any luck with those.

I found the below option which looks decent but it's a bit pricey, especially considering I only have a Pro 3 lol. Once the camera is removed the magnet would be removed with it so the connection is broken then it would notify me via WiFi and I'm hoping I can even set off the Arlo alarm as well some how. It looks pretty small but it would have to be hidden well or the thief can just take it off and stick it on the box lol. I will try and mount the other part of it inside the box so it won't be noticeable. I'm hoping I could squeeze it in the protective sleeve somehow.

Eve Door & Window – Smart Contact Sensor for Doors/Windows

Anyone come across any better solutions for this kind of thing?

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation