Solar Panel Help

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LOWDOWNKILLA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a few nice solar panels I found online. I have a few Pro2 and Pro 3 cameras. I plug the solar panels into the micro B slot on the back (cell phone charger) They seem to charge the cameras very well during the day, but at night, it drains the battery all the way.  Even if I start off with a full battery, it will drain it to 0.   (as opposed to a few weeks when they slowing drain from being used)   Is there some kind of device that will keep the batteries from back charging and slowing draining. I noticed the Arlo brand solar panels have a magnet adapter that charges the cameras from the bottom side, not the back micro B charger. Is that correct, or do the arlo brand solar panels have something built in to keep them from back charging/draining the batteries.  

If that is my problem and I need those magnet charge adapters, where do I go about getting those?  

Any advice would be very helpful.

2 REPLIES 2
LOWDOWNKILLA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a few nice solar panels I found online. I have a few Pro2 and Pro 3 cameras. I plug the solar panels into the micro B slot on the back (cell phone charger) They seem to charge the cameras very well during the day, but at night, it drains the battery all the way.  Even if I start off with a full battery, it will drain it to 0.   (as opposed to a few weeks when they slowing drain from being used)   Is there some kind of device that will keep the batteries from back charging and slowing draining. I noticed the Arlo brand solar panels have a magnet adapter that charges the cameras from the bottom side, not the back micro B charger. Is that correct, or do the arlo brand solar panels have something built in to keep them from back charging/draining the batteries.  

If that is my problem and I need those magnet charge adapters, where do I go about getting those?  

Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you purchase Arlo solar panels?

There are two versions - one for the Pro 2, and the other for the Pro 3.  The Pro 3 panel has the magnetic adapter, the Pro 2 panel has the microUSB.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation