Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Snow Setting off Motion Detection

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
dresoccer4
Guide
Guide

I'm having a big issue where a light snow flurry is setting off the motion detection recording literally constantly for the last several hours. I have HUNDREDS of recordings, as shown in my screenshot. Sensitivity is set to 10.

I tried searching and several other people seems to have this issue but none had any solutions posted. Hoping to get some more insight here because this is causing a lot of headaches. I can turn the camera off but that doesn't solve the actual issue. 

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sensitivity set to 10 as in 10% or 10 (max)? I occasionally get recordings of rain or snow but unless the wind is really blowing it's not that many. 

Laxwresler
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issue!!! Arlo constantly going off and recording for 3-5 minutes at a time for snow. Arlo 3 also picks up car headlights going by, didn’t have that issue with my Arlo 2. Extremely annoying as the only way to fix problem is disarm camera....and that just defeats the purpose of having the camera!!! Aghhh
dresoccer4
Guide
Guide

Glad I'm not the only one. Very odd behavior. You'd think the software would be smart enough to ignore things like snow or small bugs. *shrug*

Danodmano49
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you ever get the Pronlem resolved? I've been plagued by this also.
Laxwresler
Initiate
Initiate

NO resolution for me, still suffering through wasted footage of snow falling for minutes at a time.  Then to make he situation even more frustrating, it doesn't pick up cars in the driveway about 30% of the time.  Completely perplexing!

Webster46
Aspirant
Aspirant

This morning I’m in the process of deleting the 136 recordings of snow falling from 3 cameras.  Does anyone from Arlo read these posts?  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No one has responded to my post early on about the motion sensitivity setting in modes and rules.

MVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have similar issues with light misty rain and spiderwebs.  This typically only occurs after dark.  During the day, false alarms tend to be shadows from trees.  I just move past them.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation