Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Siren not activating on Arlo pro 3 when button pressed

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dani82
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hej.
I installed my arlo pro 3 yesterday and I have two issues with it. One when pressing siren in the app, Nothing happens.

And second, yesterday I had 53 % battery. And today it dropped like a stone to below 10% the thing is that it is not even that cold. +10c what is the issue?

Thanks

/dani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dani82,

When you attempt to activate the siren, are you following the instructions listed here: How do I turn the siren on my Arlo Ultra or Arlo Pro 3 camera on or off?

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Dani82 wrote:

And second, yesterday I had 53 % battery. And today it dropped like a stone to below 10% the thing is that it is not even that cold. +10c what is the issue?

Battery use depends on what the cameras are doing. Lots of triggers will eat the juice.

During set up you are likely to be doing things that cause a lot of traffic.

New batteries also take time to bed in. It may take a few charging cycles for them to reach capacity.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

Battery use depends on what the cameras are doing. Lots of triggers will eat the juice.

Another common cause of rapid drain is camera resyncing.  When the camera loses touch with the base, it will search for it - which will drain battery pretty quickly if it happens often.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dani82,

When you attempt to activate the siren, are you following the instructions listed here: How do I turn the siren on my Arlo Ultra or Arlo Pro 3 camera on or off?

JamesC

Dani82
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hej. i charged it up to full two days ago again. and now it is down to 1% again and it have not trigged more than 2-3 times. i have two other camera in similar setup and they have lost close to nothing. Im suspecting a faulty battery.

Dani82
Aspirant
Aspirant

It are sitting in same area that 2 other cameras  some even further away. and the reception bar indicated is 2 out of 3

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Dani82 wrote:

i have two other camera in similar setup and they have lost close to nothing. Im suspecting a faulty battery.

Sounds like a good theory.

Try swapping the batteries between cameras and see if that changes which one drains.

That will show if it is the battery or the camera.

Don't forget that bit can take a few charging cycles for batteries to settle down. But what you see does seem abnormal.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation