Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
5 REPLIES 5
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The only thing that I can think of is maybe a low signal strength. What does the strength show for those two cameras?

Something else to try is moving the hub/base station away from the router, try to get it at least 10ft from it.

BradleyL
Aspirant
Aspirant

My signal strength seems pretty good... The front camera has a 3 bar signal.. side and back have 2 bars... That exact day when it happened was about 99 degrees outside and as humid as could be.  Maybe the temperature because it is not doing it now. Last night though I noticed my front porch arlo camera light turned on for a second but no recording and the camera has a delay with the video feed. 

BradleyL
Aspirant
Aspirant

P.s. when my phone has the black screen/power saver and i click on the arlo app it will say on all camera that I am not connected to the internet. please check your connection. Then when I just click off my phone wifi and then right back on it will work and then I will get all kinds of notifications that the camera had picked something up on the feed.

Glenn8105
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I also started to see distortion and pixelation on one of my Arlo 3's.  I have a mix of Arlo Pro 2's and 3's .. the one facing my back deck seems to have this issue.  I only just started noticing it within the last couple of weeks.  Some of the recordings would have a mix of green and pixelation but others were ok.  I thought it may have been a weak signal but the signal strength is at 2 bars so I think that's enough.  Live view seems to have an issue where it would connect after a while and then just be a green screen.  My hub shows as VMB4540r2 .. not sure if a new update or firmware was pushed out but as I said earlier, I only just started noticing this.  Getting annoying since this isn't a cheap system!

BradleyL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Yes that is such a nuisance... I bought it because of the reviews and did not mind spending the amount I did because of the things I have read but am in no way a rich man. I needed the back door camera the most today.. I have the motion set to the entire area surrounding my back porch/door and partially my neighbors back porch is in view. I ordered a doordash order today only to have the dasher take a pic of the food they dropped off for me at my neighbors address on their back porch and then the dasher most likely just took my food and ran off. I saw the dasher as she pulled around and i yelled out her name for her just to ignore me and keep driving. None of my neighbors were home so she stole it. Only if the back camera would have had the motion sensor to be further I could have had video proof.  

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation