Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro3 is connected to Google hub but loses conception after half a hour.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jildou
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, we connected our Arlo pro3 camera’s to our Google home and hub. 

We do get to open de camera’s however the connection gets lost after half a hour or so. This is not really helpful since we are using them as our baby monitors. Can you please help? 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jildou wrote:

We do get to open de camera’s however the connection gets lost after half a hour or so. This is not really helpful since we are using them as our baby monitors.

Unfortunately, this is working as designed - so there is nothing you can do to change this behavior.

The only Arlo camera that doesn't time out in this way is the Arlo Baby.

Jildou
Aspirant
Aspirant

As a consumer I feel a little deceived, because everywhere it says it can connect to the Google hub. It doesn’t say anywhere that there is a big BUT.

the Arlo baby is not available on the Dutch market so it seems. So now I’m stuck with a expensive system that doesn’t do what is was promised to us…. 🙄 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jildou wrote:

As a consumer I feel a little deceived, because everywhere it says it can connect to the Google hub. It doesn’t say anywhere that there is a big BUT.

Understood - note I don't work for Arlo.

To clarify:  the timeout happens also with the Arlo app and my.arlo.com.  It's not specific to the Google hub.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation