Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have both the UltraHD-4k Smarthub and the Pro3-2k Smarthub with UltraHD-4k, Pro3-2k, and Pro cameras.  The manuals for both Smarthubs state that the are back compatible for all the Pro*** series.  The UltraHD-4k Smarthub (VMB5000) will NOT sync with the Pro3-2k cameras, when using the automatic sync or the manual sync methods.  

My Pro cameras will sync without problem to either the UltraHD-4k or Pro3-2k Smarthubs.

When using the Android Arlo App to add the Pro3-2k cameras to the UltraHD-4k Smarthub, the only option available is for the Pro3-2k Smarthub option that shows in the display.  The UltraHD-4k Smarthub does not show in the display.

Both the Pro3-2k and UltraHD-4k Smarthub options do display as options in the when adding my Pro cameras.

I worked with Arlo Support via Chat for over an hour hoping to resolve this problem but have met with negative results.  The UltraHD-4k Smarthub is using the most current Firmware release, "1.14.0.10_205_a175db4".  The Android Arlo App has the most current software version, "2.11.0._26065".

In my case, having two Smarthubs is necessary because of obstructions and distances between cameras.  I need two Pro3-2k cameras and my UltraHD cameras synced together on the UltraHD-4k Smarthub for best signals for the front of my house and the Pro3-2k and Pro cameras synced to the Pro3-2k Smarthub for the back of my house.

Does anyone have any solutions to syncing the Pro3-2k cameras to the UltraHD-4k Smarthub?

(On a side note this Discussion board is not up to date with applicable model selection option, that are required in order to submit a topic for duscussion.  I therefore selected the closest model, the VMB3000 - Come on moderators, get things properly updated!) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was able to sync the Pro3-2k cameras to the UltraHD-4k Smarthub.  It was a difficult process when syncing the second and third camera.

I followed my own suspicion about doing a reset of the UltraHD-4k Smarthub.  But first in Settings > Devices, I removed two Pro3-2k cameras from the Pro3-2k Smarthub, and removed the UltraHD-4k camera from the UltraHD-4k Smarthub. I left the Pro3-2k Smarthub active and online.

My first camera to sync was one of the two Pro3-k2's. When I selected from the; Add New Device > Cameras > Pro > Pro 3, I selected Pro 3 and followed the instructions.  This time both the UltraHD-4k Smarthub and the Pro3-2k Smarthubs appeared in the base station page. The Pro3-2k camera synced robustly.

I then followed the steps to sync the second Pro3-2k camera.  It would not sync automatically.  I had to perform the manual syncing process for a successful sync.

I then began the steps to sync the UltraHD-4k camera.  It and the base acted like it synced but when the video from the camera appeared, it never gained a signal and would not complete.  I then tried to follow the same automatic process but this time the device was not detected.  In order to get this camera to sync, I had to power off and back on the Smarthub's power, then I had to perform four manual syncs before the camera successfully synced.

I think that the problem is that the UltraHD-4K Smarthub has an issue with syncing more than one camera.  This was a painful process.  I would hope that the developers and engineers issue a better firmware version so syncing is not a problem with multiple camera syncing.

This problem is not seen on the Pro3-2k Smarthub.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Johnny1005,

I've tested this and did not experience any issues syncing a Pro 3 camera to a vmb5000 SmartHub (UltraHD-4k SmartHub as you describe above).

If you remove power from your vmb4540 (Pro 3 SmartHub) temporarily while syncing cameras, does that allow you to complete the sync process to the vmb5000 within the mobile app?

JamesC

Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC,

Yes, as part of troubleshooting I did disconnect the power to the Pro3-2k Smarthub.  There was no option for the Smarthub to list in the Arlo App,  but did have the option to manually sync as it was indicating it was taking too long.  Following the manual syncing procedure, it seemed as if the devices were syncing (blue lights flashing) but the process never completed, even after three failed attempts.

At this stage, I'm considering doing a reset of the UltraHD-4k Smarthub, removing the Pro3-2k cameras from the system and trying to sync them to the UltraHD-4K Smarthub again.

Since you can't replicate the problem, I wondering if my UltraHD-4k Smarthub is faulty? TBD

Thanks

Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was able to sync the Pro3-2k cameras to the UltraHD-4k Smarthub.  It was a difficult process when syncing the second and third camera.

I followed my own suspicion about doing a reset of the UltraHD-4k Smarthub.  But first in Settings > Devices, I removed two Pro3-2k cameras from the Pro3-2k Smarthub, and removed the UltraHD-4k camera from the UltraHD-4k Smarthub. I left the Pro3-2k Smarthub active and online.

My first camera to sync was one of the two Pro3-k2's. When I selected from the; Add New Device > Cameras > Pro > Pro 3, I selected Pro 3 and followed the instructions.  This time both the UltraHD-4k Smarthub and the Pro3-2k Smarthubs appeared in the base station page. The Pro3-2k camera synced robustly.

I then followed the steps to sync the second Pro3-2k camera.  It would not sync automatically.  I had to perform the manual syncing process for a successful sync.

I then began the steps to sync the UltraHD-4k camera.  It and the base acted like it synced but when the video from the camera appeared, it never gained a signal and would not complete.  I then tried to follow the same automatic process but this time the device was not detected.  In order to get this camera to sync, I had to power off and back on the Smarthub's power, then I had to perform four manual syncs before the camera successfully synced.

I think that the problem is that the UltraHD-4K Smarthub has an issue with syncing more than one camera.  This was a painful process.  I would hope that the developers and engineers issue a better firmware version so syncing is not a problem with multiple camera syncing.

This problem is not seen on the Pro3-2k Smarthub.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation