Pro 3 won’t stream

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ZeliardM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Pro 3 Camera that has been working for a while. I added 3 essential xl generation 1 cameras to the same base station and now it will not stream live. It says it’s connected, it’s fully charged. I’ve factory reset the camera, the base station, removed everything from my account, even tried creating a new account and connecting it there and that did not work, tried connecting it to another base station, nothing works. It was bough second hand and is no longer in warranty.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a subscription for all cameras?

ZeliardM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t have any subscriptions. It was working until I added the three essential spotlight generation 1 cameras. Then it stopped. I tried connecting it to my other vmb5000 and it worked for a moment and then stopped. I think there might be something wrong with the camera, but don’t know what. I removed everything from my account, factory reset everything and reconnected everything to my account and still no luck.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All cameras you have require a subscription for cloud recordings. They come with a trial sub but when that expires you don't get any recordings unless you've set up local recordings on your hub. Try that and see if you get those.

ZeliardM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m not trying to record, the issue is the camera won’t live stream at all. Says connecting then just stops.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ZeliardM wrote:

I’m not trying to record, the issue is the camera won’t live stream at all. Says connecting then just stops.

Have you tried moving the camera indoors (closer to the smarthub), and see if that makes any difference?

ZeliardM
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, makes no difference. The camera is already indoors right next to the hub. Tried on two different hubs, both vmb5000, the other essential cameras work but the pro 3 does not.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ZeliardM wrote:

No, makes no difference. The camera is already indoors right next to the hub. Tried on two different hubs, both vmb5000, the other essential cameras work but the pro 3 does not.

"Right next to the hub" might actually be too close.  If the wifi signal is too strong, it can overload the radio in the camera.

But I think the next step is to remove the Pro 3 from your account, and do a hardware reset.  You do that by holding down the sync button until the LED on the camera flashes amber.  Then add it back to your account.

ZeliardM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did that like 10 times already. Pulled the battery and let it sit for 24 hours as well. No luck.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like it's a dud. If you want to try official support, purchase a single camera monthly plan for it and then use the app to go to Settings, Support. Select the camera and scroll down to Contacts to see if they can help. Since it's out of warranty, there's no replacements.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation